My Collection at 20 years of Playing (8 guitars; long read w/ photos)

Tyuk

Tele-Meister
My first guitar (classical nylon) sadly perished in a house fire a couple years ago but led a good life traveling the world with me (France, Canada, US, NZ). At this point though, as a primarily high gain player, I think I have most bases covered.

Listed by age, if you had to borrow one for a gig, which would it be?

IMG_1742.JPG

IMG_1747.JPG

2002 Fender Standard Stratocaster
The Ship of Theseus: The guitar I cut my teeth on that has the most sentimental value. It deserves a re-fret soon but mods include locking tuners, Tex Mex pickups, Graph Tech Saddles and wiring one of the tone controls to the bridge pickup.
IMG_1750.JPG

2005 Gibson SG Special Faded
The Workhorse: My backup/jam space/friend's house guitar; usually overworked and underappreciated. The only mod is a SD Distortion in the bridge (aside from a broken knob anyway...).
IMG_1744.JPG

2009 Yamaha AGX700 NT Thinline
The Wingman: People love the guy with the guitar and it has definitely gotten me more dates (*fistbumps the headstock*) than my electrics. It has seen countless porches, patios, bonfires, parks, beaches, Pokemon Go adventures, etc.
IMG_1743.JPG

2010 Squier Bullet Stratocaster
The Pink Punk Machine: Acquired from a friend in 2019 who never played it, it's been heavily modded, including Fender tuners (stock ones from my other strat), pickguard and the stock 490T bridge pickup from my SG. (https://www.tdpri.com/threads/ngd-my-pink-squier-bullet-strat-project.1103520/#post-11507164)
IMG_1754.JPG

2013 Ibanez RG721RW
The Main: This guitar tends to get the most compliments, both in terms of looks and sound, albeit probably because it was my main guitar for about 8 years. If I had a to pick a favorite, this would probably be it. Mods include locking tuners and Lollar Imperials.
IMG_1745.JPG

2016 PRS CE24 Standard Satin
The Dream: I grew up dreaming about owning an American PRS and treated myself when I turned 30. This was a limited edition that didn't include a maple cap/lacquer finish on the body so it was about $1k cheaper than a regular CE24 and is a PRS I won't worry about if it gets a few dings. It's also probably the cheapest guitar that PRS has released that comes with the US-made 85/15 pickups. It's completely stock and will most likely remain that way.
IMG_1753.JPG

2017 Fender American Professional Telecaster
The Stray/TDPRI Membership Card: This guitar was heavily discounted due to a purely cosmetic issue with the body finish (can you see it?). In a lot of ways, I didn't find it; it found me. Bought in 2020, it was ignored and neglected for 3 years by the time I took it in but it now has a good home. Mods are a new pickguard and swapping the volume/tones controls.
IMG_1746.JPG

2021 PRS SE CU24
The Rookie: This guitar had a few issues when I first bought it that individually wouldn't have been a problem but collectively shouldn't happen on a new guitar. Amongst others, there was dried glue around numerous frets and a couple of the trem screws weren't lined up so after about a month of playing it, I took it back to get worked on. The tech couldn't completely remove all the glue because he didn't want to gouge the fretboard but did a decent job and fixed the other issues, all on PRS' dime/warranty. Visually, it's now barely noticeable and doesn't affect playability; the guitar otherwise sounds and plays amazingly. Mods are locking tuners, metal knobs and most likely pickups covers in the future.
IMG_1752.JPG

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
My first guitar (classical nylon) sadly perished in a house fire a couple years ago but led a good life traveling the world with me (France, Canada, US, NZ). At this point though, as a primarily high gain player, I think I have most bases covered.

Listed by age, if you had to borrow one for a gig, which would it be?

View attachment 1019138
View attachment 1019143

2002 Fender Standard Stratocaster
The Ship of Theseus: The guitar I cut my teeth on that has the most sentimental value. It deserves a re-fret soon but mods include locking tuners, Tex Mex pickups, Graph Tech Saddles and wiring one of the tone controls to the bridge pickup.
View attachment 1019144

2005 Gibson SG Special Faded
The Workhorse: My backup/jam space/friend's house guitar; usually overworked and underappreciated. The only mod is a SD Distortion in the bridge (aside from a broken knob anyway...).
View attachment 1019140

2009 Yamaha AGX700 NT Thinline
The Wingman: People love the guy with the guitar and it has definitely gotten me more dates (*fistbumps the headstock*) than my electrics. It has seen countless porches, patios, bonfires, parks, beaches, Pokemon Go adventures, etc.
View attachment 1019139

2010 Squier Bullet Stratocaster
The Pink Punk Machine: Acquired from a friend in 2019 who never played it, it's been heavily modded, including Fender tuners (stock ones from my other strat), pickguard and the stock 490T bridge pickup from my SG. (https://www.tdpri.com/threads/ngd-my-pink-squier-bullet-strat-project.1103520/#post-11507164)
View attachment 1019147

2013 Ibanez RG721RW
The Main: This guitar tends to get the most compliments, both in terms of looks and sound, albeit probably because it was my main guitar for about 8 years. If I had a to pick a favorite, this would probably be it. Mods include locking tuners and Lollar Imperials.
View attachment 1019141

2016 PRS CE24 Standard Satin
The Dream: I grew up dreaming about owning an American PRS and treated myself when I turned 30. This was a limited edition that didn't include a maple cap/lacquer finish on the body so it was about $1k cheaper than a regular CE24 and is a PRS I won't worry about if it gets a few dings. It's also probably the cheapest guitar that PRS has released that comes with the US-made 85/15 pickups. It's completely stock and will most likely remain that way.
View attachment 1019146

The Stray/TDPRI Membership Card: This guitar was heavily discounted due to a purely cosmetic issue with the body finish (can you see it?). In a lot of ways, I didn't find it; it found me. Bought in 2020, it was ignored and neglected for 3 years by the time I took it in but it now has a good home. Mods are a new pickguard and swapping the volume/tones controls.
View attachment 1019142

2021 PRS SE CU24
The Rookie: This guitar had a few issues when I first bought it that individually wouldn't have been a problem but collectively shouldn't happen on a new guitar. Amongst others, there was dried glue around numerous frets and a couple of the trem screws weren't lined up so after about a month of playing it, I took it back to get worked on. The tech couldn't completely remove all the glue because he didn't want to gouge the fretboard but did a decent job and fixed the other issues, all on PRS' dime/warranty. Visually, it's now barely noticeable and doesn't affect playability; the guitar otherwise sounds and plays amazingly. Mods are locking tuners, metal knobs and most likely pickups covers in the future.
View attachment 1019145
I see you are a professional man; a dentist! ;)

Kandinskyesque

Tele-Afflicted
I love the Yamaha acoustic.
I've had mine 35 years, I still play it daily but it's dying.
They're underrated guitars but certain models including the APX feel as good as any high end acoustic I've played.

FuncleManson

Tele-Meister
View attachment 1019142

Yes, I can! The pearloid pickguard!

Just kidding. Beautiful guitar (I love CAR) and sweet collection. I'm just not a fan of pearloid. :)

Cheap Trills

Tele-Afflicted
I was going to say the tele, but I don't understand swapping the volume and tone controls unless you flip the control plate. I would be so confused.

Brad Pittiful

Telefied
Ad Free Member