Fenderdad1950

Friend of Leo's
How very interesting. I took Arch Drafting in Jr college and learned the basics in 1989. And wouldn't you know it, I landed a job at a place that still used pencil and vellum ( a type of paper ) Anyways, I have been with them ever since and still use old school equipment. It is funny how things work out.

Jim_in_PA

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
There can be a lot of satisfaction with physically drawing something...I, too, had an drafting course, although it was in high school, and I've benefited from it over the years for sure. I will admit, however, that what I appreciate about using the computer for this is the ability to quickly do "what if" and the ability to do 3D rendering to fully visualize what the end result might be. That appeals to the creative side of my head...

nickhofen

Friend of Leo's
Water lines for the spindle and proximity switch for Z axis.
IMG_20220121_212342.jpg

nickhofen

Friend of Leo's
Last Monday I connect the proximity sensors and the motors on the control box after I guide the cables thru the cable chains.
I power up the control box and hear the power relays to trigger more that one time. Before I manage to push the emergency button, the machine shut down and something was smelling burned.
I disconnect the motors and the proximities from the control box and try to power it up.
Everything got power except the breakout board.
I was very disappointed because it was obvious that I wired something wrong and that seemed to cost me the entire bob.
The help came from NY city, Helmut aka @I_build_my_own fount that there is a fuse on the board, suggest me also to take some measurements and with his guidance we fix the problem.
The fuse of the bob was exploded because I sorted a proximity , that cause all of the proximities to burn and the fuse on the board to explode.
Lesson learned !
It is nice to have someone that thinks clearly an can guide you in a situation like that!
Thanks Helmut.

Jim_in_PA

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
The help came from NY city, Helmut aka @I_build_my_own
Helmut is about to become a full time near-neighbor to me. (25 minutes away) I visited with him at his new place recently...his instruments are amazing and he clearly knows a bit about electronics fabrication, too. 'Glad he was able to help you!

nickhofen

Friend of Leo's
Helmut is about to become a full time near-neighbor to me. (25 minutes away) I visited with him at his new place recently...his instruments are amazing and he clearly knows a bit about electronics fabrication, too. 'Glad he was able to help you!
Helmut is some kind of a Swiss army knife, he has an answer for every fix! Lol!

nickhofen

Friend of Leo's
Nick you finally did it. Very happy for you! That first project is awesome. So what's next?
Thanks André, much appreciated.
I have a bunch of projects in my head ,but right now what i want the most is to see a decent 59 les paul coming out from this machine.
Way to go since i have to learn how to design one in Fusion 360, lol.