1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

My Church Rig.

Discussion in 'Worship Service Players' started by justatwanging, Sep 24, 2009.

1. RockforGod

RockforGod TDPRI Member

Usually with my feet...

but seriously, ha, it isn't that bad. I've got my own little corner, and I usually change but one or two pedals during a song, usually higher gain overdrive, or a different delay. And special effects (Whammy, phaser) usually come on during just a solo, or lead line.

2. austinbond

austinbond TDPRI Member

On the prowl for a chorus and second delay.

Attached Files:

3. analogtubeguy

analogtubeguy TDPRI Member

tele/les paul > booster > plexi copy/marshall jtm 30 (will be replaced by a 5e3 in 3 weeks)

4. paultanderberg

paultanderberg TDPRI Member

Here's my current church rig:

Guitars:
    Fender '52RI Tele (w/ Don Mare 0038's)
    Gibson Les Paul Standard Limited Edition

Amps/FX:
    AxeFX Ultra (usually running an AC30 or Maz38 patch) with a K12 as a monitor
    Strymon El Capistan
    '78 Electro-Harmonix DMM

5. ravindave_3600

ravindave_3600 Friend of Leo's

I'm now at a small church with large number of elderly people. They love to sing but my rig now consists of my Gibson J185 and a clip-on tuner, through the house system. It's not the full band I like but, hey, if St. Peter of Townshend can majorly rock on a J200 I guess I can, too!

6. davidchagrin

davidchagrin Tele-Afflicted

Currently:

Peavey Generation(Tele-style) > Guyatone MicroTuner > Danelectro Daddy-O > Rocktron Short Timer > Bugera V5

I try to keep it simple.

For the Sundays that I don't play electric, it's my Epi AJ or Epi DR-12, or my Cordoba Tenor Ukulele(this is my favorite!!!).

I'll also play electric bass once in a great while.

7. christhee68

christhee68 Friend of Leo's

The band has just started back after a long hiatus. Here is a shot of my setup in church (finally). The Tele has added a new dimension to our former little folk band. It's also inspired (required) me to add new skills to my former three-chord strummer routine.

[​IMG]

My "pedal board." Note the preset labeled "U2.":lol:

[​IMG]

8. bear04

bear04 Tele-Holic

If I'm using an amp I use my Hwy 1 Tele into a Fender Hotrod Deville 212, but that amp is insanely loud and I end up keeping the volume on 2 so I usually end up playing my 1995 Strat into a Line 6 POD HD300 into the church sound system. I know. A lot of purists will hate the idea of putting away a 60 watt tube amp and replacing it with a POD, but it's a lot easier to control the volume and I don't have the rest of the worship band on the stage giving me the 'evil eye'.

9. Frogeybeag

Frogeybeag TDPRI Member

Here's my church rig. My guitar is a Baja tele.

A Gator Megabone with the chain as follows- modded true bypass Crybaby> Boss CS-3> Chord OD-50> Tubescreamer> Guitar Tech active volume pedal> Belcat Tremolo> Line 6 Echo Park> Belcat Analog Delay> Behringer RV-600 (only used for the "shimmer" effect)> Beta Aivin RV-100 reverb (Boss clone). Ta-daa! All running into a Vox AC4TV. Cheap and sounds great!

image-3576883147.jpg

10. TxTeleMan

TxTeleMan Tele-Afflicted

Current church rig:

Nashville Tele w/FVN pups --> Korg Pitchblack --> Armadillo Tone tube preamp/boost -->> Texas Tone 12 amp.

I use the tube preamp to thicken the Tele's tone and give it a little extra oomph for some songs.

The amp is a 12W, 12" tube combo with tremolo. I run it at about 7/12, right in that tube amp sweet spot. I use the tremolo for Better is One Day and a couple of other tunes.

We play outdoors, at Church Under The Bridge, in Austin, underneath IH-35 across the street from the Austin Police Department. Since it's outdoors, I mic the amp with an AKG D200E (which is really the perfect acoustic guitar mic) and run it through the PA. I have a direct box, but then you loose the trem and the amp's sweet tone.

I play mostly rhythm, fills, and compliments, as we have a hot lead guitarist with a pedal board the size of my coffee table, including guitar synth. We sound kinda like what the Rolling Stones would sound like playing Church Music to a crowd of street people... lol.

11. jebbo

jebbo Tele-Holic

I don't play but my son uses a tele a pedalboard and a blues junior. He is still working on the board. He is trying to get a boss dd-7 and a fulltone mdv. When he has those it will be done.

Guitar:MIM tele with seymour duncan "hot rails" and push pull pot for coil splitting.

Pedals:Crybaby standard-boss tu3-boss df2-keeley boss sd1

Amp:Fender blues junior with billm mods. Recap kit_Standard kit_Lineout jack_Twinstack mod and a 3 way switch for off-standby-on.

12. MadJack

MadJack Friend of Leo's

I know this was eight months ago, but this last week, we had young man from a post-hardcore/metalcore band come in and play with his EMG equipped LTD and play. He had to turn the guitars volume down and play with the gain on the amp turned down, it cleaned up pretty well and sounded good.

13. theskypilot

theskypilot Tele-Meister

Normal Sunday Morning at Brooklyn Campus. Same guitar through a Line 6 POD HD 500 at Arundel campus.

Attached Files:

14. harvdog

harvdog TDPRI Member

Why the different boards? I would think it could get confusing.

15. bek

bek Tele-Holic

Squier Bullet Strat (hardtail, with a VintageVibe ultra-low-output SSH set and weird switching) into a tuner (Planet Waves) into a VisualSound Route 66 out to a Danelectro cheapo drive (one with the plastic housing) into a Roland Cube 30 with some reverb, almost always on Brit Combo (AC 30) with the drive way up and the volume around half. I play an Epi LP Standard sometimes, or a Washburn Laredo or a Hamer Archtop Studio, or an Industrial or a Lindert, but it's mostly the cheapo Strat (won in a raffle). Totally uninterested (and probably pretty much unable) in copying "P&W" tones. Why not copy Mississippi Fred McDowell's tones (You Got to Move, Jesus is on the Mainline), or Sister Rosetta Tharp, or Jef Beck doing People Get Ready? Whatever. I've never been asked to copy anyone's anything and haven't tried.

16. jazzrat

jazzrat Tele-Meister

AmDlx Strat, EJ Strat, HrDlx and pedal board

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Thighbanez

Thighbanez Tele-Afflicted

Lol, you have your Zen Drive set up the EXACT same settings as I use for my Tiki Drive! (minus the 5th knob)
    :p

18. Codyh630

Codyh630 Tele-Meister

It's clean tone can be fantastic and the neck on it is great. I just prefer the sound of my Telecasters when it comes to worship.

19. Samsen

Samsen Tele-Meister

My current set up is Cruiser Strat (decked out with GFS lil killer set)>TC Electronic Nova System>Vox Ac15H1TVL. Amp is mic'd out to FOH for a little bit of reinforcement from the house PA. Not that the amp is not loud enough, rather to help fill out the sound a bit.

The Vox is a new addition, but previously I used to play through a Vox valvetronix AD30 or an AC15C1 kindly lent to me for live playing by fellow guitarist. Cruiser strat was an entry level cheapo, but has a lot of money thrown at it. It has a pro-setup, and an electronics upgrade, so plays very well now. The pickups are wired in an interesting way that enables me to have these options at any one time with the help of the push-pull tone knob: HHH/SSH/SSS/HHS. The last two somehow can be done by turning the push-pull pot to affect the bridge pickup. Don't ask me how, I went to the tech and asked him to wire it so I can coil-tap all three of them and he'd done this! I'm not complaining! Current favourite is the SSH option that gives me an ultra-low output neck position (~3.8k) that sounds almost like an acoustic and a hot 15k bridge position at a flick of the switch! Great for going clean-to-mean! ;) The amp being very dynamic helps too.

Future plans: Getting a good mic. The current mic is very cheap and although it does an admirable job, an upgrade is necessary, I feel. Looking at an Audix i5 or Sennheiser e609.

A big change will be the replacement of the Vox with my recently ordered Lazy J 20. There is a bit of a waiting time for it to be built (not surprised, it is a stonking amp!), but it will take over gigging duties as soon as it turns up. As good as the Vox is, it is very heavy-almost too heavy to be dragging it to giggs, with its mahogany cab and all. The Lazy J with its power scaling and relative lightness will be perfect for the job! :)

20. Samsen

Samsen Tele-Meister

And here is a gratuitous pic of my setup! :D

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.