My Church just informed me that they are going to In Ear Monitors SOON...

Discussion in 'Worship Service Players' started by GoldieLocks, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Jakeboy

Jakeboy Tele-Afflicted

We have a 3 song set....about 15 minutes...then we have a trad pianist play a couple hymns alone in the traditional way....so very much hybrid.

I used a couple Lovepedals Into a Joyo AC Tone into a Tech21 Power Engine . I will stick with that cause it is easy and sounds good. Sound dudes are already trying to talk me into IEMs. It went very well today and people were into it.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  2. lstdukestking

lstdukestking TDPRI Member

We use them. Our singers don't. I don't like them. Everyone else apparently does. The wife/worship leader just saw this now I'm in trouble....and apparently she wants an IEM...

GoldieLocks likes this.
  3. LesPaulGuy

LesPaulGuy TDPRI Member

Now that I have been indoctrinated into IEM's I am a true believer. I have also ditched my amp (12w tweed Deluxe) in favor of the church-owned Kemper. I am a 69 yr old ex-rocker and did this slowly. I went from a church where we used isolated speaker cabs and wedge monitors, to a church that used mic'd amps & IEM's (I wasn't in the worship band), to our current church where they allowed me to use a baffled amp while using IEM's. At first all the other guitarists used baffled amps and the worship leader purchased a Kemper for an option. When I wasn't playing I noticed I could never hear the electric guitars (my wife told me she could never hear me, either) and just resigned myself to the situation. After a while one of the other guitarists started using the Kemper and I noticed I could now actually hear him in the mix!! I didn't care for his tone, though. I decided to give it a go and now that I have found an amp model I am happy with I love it!!

I have always attempted to keep my motive, attitude, and heart in check with God's, so can only testify to His faithfulness in sticking with me while I flail away at this stuff. Make sense?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.