1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

My cat was found at the side of the road

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Blazer, Jan 30, 2019.

1. JayFreddy

JayFreddy Poster Extraordinaire

I'm sorry for your loss.

I went through something similar a few years ago, and the strength and depth of emotions that came to the surface surprised even myself.

They are family.

I still have cats but I don't let them go outside anymore.

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."

JustABluesGuy likes this.
  2. JustABluesGuy

JustABluesGuy Friend of Leo's

I think cats really see us more like “the staff”.

3. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I am sorry for the loss of your kitty. There are those of us who are animal people, and those who are not. Those of us who keep animals get more than we give. Then when they pass we realize just how much more we've received from them, than they from us.

4. JustABluesGuy

JustABluesGuy Friend of Leo's

It’s hard to have family members that you will alway lose way to early, even if they die of old age.

It’s so hard dealing with the loss that I keep thinking, “I’m done with pets” every time I lose one, but they sucker me back in somehow.

5. Deeve

Deeve Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Three of our four cats (so far) have died of old age - Annie just short of 20 yrs, Betty over 16 yrs and Betty mid 19.
    All were indoor cats w/ occasional visits to the yard and our less-traveled road.
    Ashley (from Ashland OR, natch) did not catch on to the noise and whoosh of vehicles and it was a terrible shock to find her at side of road like OP's dear cat. Ash was not even one year old, but we missed her happy/dopey way.
    Our other girls were much more wary and made it through and out of the life-span charts.
    So sorry for OP and dear Snoopy.
    Peace - Deeve

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.