My Brainy Build: R. Stratenstein Introduces The Sir Andrew

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by R. Stratenstein, Aug 11, 2016.

1. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Friend of Leo's

So what's next Rick? I need my entertainment you know....

2. R. Stratenstein

R. Stratenstein Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Well, lessee. I got a complete Jaguar in parts, 'cept for the body and the neck, and I got that black Elpee body that James fixed for me that needs a neck, plus pickups wound (got all the parts for that), and all the other parts; while doing a partial straightening up, I found some mahogany I'd forgotten I'd had, and I think it's enough for an LP junior, something I'd like to try, plus I was thinking about hitting you up for some tips on Strat building. I've never done a Strat from scratch, seems like it might be fun. And then there's all that aluminum melting stuff stashed in a corner of the basement waiting for warmer weather. . . . .

Barncaster and RogerC like this.
  3. BluesBlooded

BluesBlooded Friend of Leo's

I'm ready to see whatever project you come up with next. I sure would love a money printing machine.

RogerC likes this.
  4. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Friend of Leo's

Strats are fun but I'm growing tired of building them. I built one for myself, played it at church and that started the whole ball rolling. I've made 6 of them in the last 2 years all for friends and one I made and donated for a silent auction. Everybody wants one now. I have another to build for a friend. I do like doing the arm and belly contour by hand though. They never seem to be exactly the same. I can't wait for the weather to improve to get back to my Brainy build. You should give it a go.

Barncaster likes this.
  5. Mbechmann

Mbechmann Friend of Leo's Ad Free + Supporter

So build that on a Tele. I have done that on several of mine and that fits even better :)

Barncaster likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.