My birthday was yesterday...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by acrylicsuperman, Dec 30, 2018.

1. acrylicsuperman

acrylicsuperman Tele-Afflicted

... And I wanted to share my youth with you all (30 years survived!) but I was banned. You know, for future reference, when the literal message states your ban will be lifted ON the 29th of December, you kind of expect that to be factual. Looking at you, Buckocaster51. I guess the 30th will suffice.

Yesterday was a time of deep reflection for me. 30 years. Already, I have survived so much chaos and I hope I get to see many more years. I have had some close calls over the years. I also, per Buckocaster51's request, thought about the message that came with my ban over 6 days. I pondered all things TDPRI.

I've been a member of this forum for several years. Never (to my knowledge) until this year have I ever clashed with admins. I know what I did to earn Buckocaster51's ban hammer. I posted my favorite Christmas song that had a certain level of vulgarity to it. I even warned you, the audience, in my post. That wasn't enough, clearly. Overall, I'm not sorry I posted it. If anything, I am sorry that it was deleted. If it wasn't for the fact it would just be deleted again, I would post it again just to make a point. I've seen worse vulgar humor on here than some F bombs in a song. But hey, there are rules, this is a family friendly forum, I apparently pushed the limits so that's on me and that's where it ends.

But that wasn't the only time I had a run in with law around these parts. Earlier in the year, a new member revived a 7 or 8 year old thread and asked a question. I happened to see it and without so much as looking at a date, I answered the newbies question. I was then approached by a random TDPRI member (Sorry, I wasn't keeping records and the admins like to delete stuff, otherwise the person would be named) who made a huge fuss about it and I told him to take it up with an admin. Turns out, someone took themselves a little too seriously and did so. Again, I admit, I broke the rules. But I would like to add this: the new member used the search function! They did what they were supposed to do! They posted in an appropriate thread after they read through it and didn't find the answer they were seeking. If he had made a thread on his own (which the admins did for him and attached my answer to it) likely one of the first answers they would have received was "have you used the search bar?" It is ridiculous! Both of these offenses, in my opinion, are ridiculous. I realize the admins have a job to do and if my petty crimes make an example to the rest of you, so be it, I guess. I personally think at least a couple of you take your jobs a little too seriously.

At the risk of sounding like a cheesy cliche, I have come to a conclusion. Sorry, TDPRI. It's not you, it's me. You're really sweet and all but our common love for Leo's first child just isn't enough any more. Having said that, this will be my last post. At 30, I am set in my ways, just like some of you are at twice my age. Something has clearly changed with me because until this year, there hasn't been a problem. So if I stay, there will likely be more to come. I think it is best if we parted ways.

Whether you like me or you don't, I just want to say thank you for all the help, advice and infinite wisdom you all have given to me over the years. I hope that in some way, I was able to impart some of my own to someone else on this forum. Seriously, some of you touched my life in amazing ways. I am forever grateful for it.

But, at last, it is time for me to hit the ol' dusty trail. I hope 2019 treats you all well. Goodbye and thanks for the memories.

-Kyle
    AcrylicSuperman

2. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I don't expect you to answer, but what's wrong with answering an old thread? I thought we put that to bed a long time ago, about the time the then-new software started suggesting other (old) threads that might 'interest' you.

nojazzhere, Toto'sDad and Omiewise65 like this.
  3. Omiewise65

Omiewise65 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Can we do a little nitro vs.poly for example :oops::cry::cool:?

Toto'sDad likes this.
  4. rangercaster

rangercaster Poster Extraordinaire

Dude, why not stick around? There is no better place i can think of ...

5. Sparky2

Sparky2 Friend of Leo's

Kyle,

Come on back, young sir.

We can spar with the Mods and Admins together you and I!!

;)

6. GuitarKid

GuitarKid Tele-Holic

"and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us"

7. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Uh, Happy Late Birthday.
    The 29th would have been my late Mom’s 94th, just for non-essential information.
    I’ve been trippin’ around the sun (more than) twice as long as you.
    It’s been a long, beautiful, strange trip.
    I wish you luck, and a similarity long, but somewhat less strange trip.
    I’ve been hanging around here (the TDPRI) about 9 years now.
    I really dig it.
    The rules are simple enough for me.
    I know what will get you a spanking, and I’m way too old to spank, so I just try not to go there.
    The good, informative, funny, weird and cool far outweigh the, uh, troublesome, IMO.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  8. Greggorios

Greggorios Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I feel badly that you feel badly...hope you'll give things here a 2nd chance. I have found lot's of good folks and great info here. Any friction that I've observed is usually short lived and can best be avoided simply by not engaging; there's a ton of alternative posts to jump into.

In any case happy new year and best wishes.

G

Toto'sDad likes this.
  9. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

OMG....lol. Stick around. You haven't seen anything yet!

Toto'sDad likes this.
  10. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

To the OP. There really isn't a reason to leave, and maybe not even a real reason to stay either. However, in the scheme of things in the universe, I don't think your hanging around this place is going to cost you anything in the long run. I know the rules are sometimes obscure here on the forum, it's my opinion that they really aren't the same for everyone. There are some posters here who can toss out a tidbit that appears to break the rules maybe several times in the same post, but if you respond or even make a reference to what they've said, you're in trouble. I can think of at least one poster who is a past master of rule bending who seems impervious to the wrist slapping. A quality I greatly admire I might ad.

When I first came here over on the Telecaster portion of the forum I just offered once in response to a thread that I didn't think the Squier CV was all that great of a guitar. The samples I'd played were dripping with poly coating on the neck, and the ones I had played would have made excellent boat anchors. I didn't get banned, but I got a pretty haughty letter from the then administrator that if I knew what was good for me if I couldn't get on the wagon, and extol the virtues of the Classic Vibe, just go ahead and be like Alison Kraus and say nothing at all.

Some 35,000 posts later, I'm still here, I guess when the bugs which survive us learn to interpret the records of the internet, they will discover I driveled on for a period that would probably equal the book War and Peace in volume of writing, and it would also reveal, that just like Alison, I said nothing at all.

Omiewise65 and nojazzhere like this.
  11. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

if you find yourself sideways with buckocaster, you can bet that the problem is you.

if you are actually hurt that you missed announcing your birthday because you were in cyber jail... again, might be a good time to take the tape off your laptop camera, turn the camera on and take a long look at yourself...

You should bookmark this thread and read what you wrote in about, ohhhh 30 days. I'll bet you'll feel pretty small.

12. aerhed

aerhed Friend of Leo's

You just gotta remember, mods are actually people. They got people glitches like everyone else. Every once in a while you touch their grid and make em pop. Just don't do that (unless you really wanna see if it's working).

Toto'sDad likes this.
  13. TC6969

TC6969 Friend of Leo's

Happy Birthday one way or the other!

14. FenderGyrl

FenderGyrl Poster Extraordinaire

IBTL

LocoTex likes this.
  15. P Thought

P Thought Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Happy Birthday, @acrylicsuperman.

I trust that if you come back everyone will forgive and forget your farewell post. I'm reminded of Richard Pryor's old joke about women leaving, "That's not so bad, but they always got to tell you why!" Forgive me for chuckling at your comment about "set in my ways", three of my four children are older than you are.

I know you wanted to do it on your birthday, but I'd like to hear your reflections on turning 30 anyway, and about your youth, as you said. It's a milestone for sure (when we old poops were young there was a saying, "Never trust anyone over 30"), and clearly an important one.

nojazzhere likes this.
  16. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

Well, this is one way to do it.

17. LocoTex

LocoTex Tele-Afflicted

Jump back in dude. This is the nicest guitar forum in the innerwebs, bar none!

drf64 likes this.
  18. tery

tery Doctor of Teleocity

C'est la vie

19. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

I think that once one reaches 40 there is less sound and fury signifying nothing. At least I hope so.....;)

LocoTex likes this.
  20. Cobra1957

Cobra1957 Tele-Holic

On another forum I Frequent in the random pictures thread I was posting pictures of some really beautiful women.

One if the Mods posted this and I quote-
    “This is a great thread. It's not a girlie thread.”

Hey it’s their forum I just use it for information and to post pictures of some really beautiful women...

Omiewise65 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.