My best musical buddy these times

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by nosuch, Mar 28, 2020.

1. nosuch

nosuch Friend of Leo's

Sadly I have only this to keep me company:
    [​IMG]
    Rehearsals and gigs are canceled so the little looper is the only way to make noise spontaneously. OK, home recording or unacompanied picking are options, but if I just want to play a little bit I can lay a rhythm track (or two) and keep jammin'. Thanks, little buddy!
    I miss musical interaction with humans though ...

MrClint, Toadtele, kevsonic and 4 others like this.
  2. WingedWords

WingedWords Tele-Afflicted

3. j5jarod777

j5jarod777 Tele-Meister

Loopers have been my best friend for many years. I've had several, but the Ditto is on my board these days. a definite must have for any guitar player in my opinion.

4. kevsonic

kevsonic Tele-Meister

Right there with you, my friend. We'll make the most of it and come out the other side!

5. SamIV

SamIV Tele-Holic

They are great practicing tools and will show you how bad your timing is when it’s bad.

6. Toadtele

Toadtele Tele-Afflicted

I found a ditto in a combo amp I got last summer. Haven’t plugged it in. Have a boss on my board. I don’t use it too much. Is the ditto worth trying?

7. WingedWords

WingedWords Tele-Afflicted

I have both a Ditto and an aged Boss RC-20XL on my board. The Ditto is like a quick sketchpad - instant and, with no storage, ephemeral. The Boss needs a more considered approach, but is more flexible and can store 11 loops. Can't remember the capacity of the Ditto, but the Boss is 16 minutes I think.

8. beninma

beninma Friend of Leo's

I love Ditto. Been using it almost every day.

I really love my Beat Buddy Mini as well. Just got done practicing Surf Rider to one of its rhythms.

I run the BB into the Ditto. I actually ended up with two Dittos, I should probably kick something off my pedalboard so I can run a ditto before and after the BB so I can do loops with or without drums in them.

The ditto is just so simple. It’s easy to figure all of it out and get comfortable, and the switch feels just right IMO to help hit it on the beat.

WingedWords likes this.
  9. Downshift

Downshift Tele-Holic

I've played in a lot of bands, and never really liked it. I'm too much of an introvert to deal with the personalities, and scheduling around other people's time, and playing gigs in bars into the early morning hours. I did it because it was the best way to make music, and at times the best way to make money, but eventually I swore it off altogether. And the looper allowed that to happen.

The looper has probably been one of my best purchases ever. Not just gear wise, but generally speaking. It allowed me to feel like I was making music rather than just noodling. It allows for creativity and artistry at a higher level. And its so easy to make a cool loop, jam along, look up at the clock and notice an hour went by. That's how you get good.

They're also a lot of work. They aren't as east to master as I though they'd be. As all good things in life.

WingedWords likes this.
  10. Recce

Recce Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

8158575B-91D4-49B3-9F0A-E37B35E102FA.jpeg
    My best musical buddy lying at my feet while I play. He doesn’t keep very good time but neither do I.

11. D_Malone

D_Malone Tele-Meister

I have an old Boss Loop Station that I use all the time for working out ideas, or just practicing. I’d like to get something better in the near future, but the Boss has been a great tool over the years.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.