1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

My Band's New Album: Electric Orchids - Plastic Heart

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by rhythmjones, Apr 15, 2016.

1. rhythmjones

rhythmjones Tele-Holic

Hey guys,

Technically the full album doesn't drop until May, but it's up on Bandcamp, so go get yourself a sneak preview.

https://electricorchids.bandcamp.com/ That link will play track 2 by default, so feel free to click on track 1 if you want to hear the tracks in album order.

It's Indie Pop/New Wave with a touch of Psychedelia and Surf thrown in for good measure. We recorded and mixed the album at home, totally DIY.

Let me know what you think!

www.electricorchids.com

www.facebook.com/electricorchids

freshchops likes this.
  2. freshchops

freshchops Tele-Meister

Good stuff! I like y'alls sound. As advertised... I think you did a good job of describing it.

I hate the assimilation game... BUT, from what I listened to, I'd say it's got a lil' vibe of the Cure, the Smiths and the singer's got a lil' vibe of Courtney Love, Veruca Salt and The Cocteau Twins

The production is pretty good, the mix is good, especially for the DIY, home setting. It has a nice analog feel, like it could'e been recorded direct to tape. It's got a slight Lo-Fi vibe too, which isn't a knock - it's suitable for the style. The singing isn't the strongest aspect both by recording, strength of voice and mix. It would be in y'alls best interest to beef up the singing with harmonies... even male harmonies.

You should listen to some Joy Formidable for reference. Female led vocals, small band - such a huge sound!! A very underrated band!

3. rhythmjones

rhythmjones Tele-Holic

Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of the release of our album. We're working on new recordings now.

In honor of these things, we've made Plastic Heart a name-your-price download on Bandcamp.

So if anyone hasn't heard this yet, or wants to grab a free download copy, go for it.

http://www.electricorchids.com

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.