My amps as of Feb 2020

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Fret Wilkes, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Fret Wilkes

Fret Wilkes Friend of Leo's

Finally has a few moment to record what I've got as of today. Left to right:

1. Quilter Toneblock 200 on two Bag End S12B cabinets. Makes a nice bass rig for my 51RI P-Bass. I've also used the two cabs as guitar cabinets, pushed by a Quilter MicoPro Mach II, with excellent results.
    2. Quilter MicoPro Mach II head on a TRM Cabinets "Rough Trucker" (Hard Trucker style) cabinet loaded with two Weber California speakers (ceramic). This is the rig that gets the most gigging use at the moment.
    3. (Top) - handbuilt Deluxe Reverb in a HRDlxe style cabinet loaded with a Weber 12F150 speaker. This amp was gifted to me by a very dear friend. He built the cabinet from scratch, covered it in the tweed, lacquered the tweed, drilled, and bent the chassis, and built the amp from the ground up. Still not sure what I did to deserve such a gift. Humbling!
    3. (Bottom) - Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (mid 90s) loaded with Eminence Red, White, and Blues 12in speaker.
    4. (Top) - TRM Cabinets "Twin Reverb Head" cabinet in a Studio Slips clamshell bag. I used this head over the Tough Trucker cabinet from #2 (above) until I got the MPMII head. I also have a Studio Slips clamshell cover for that cabinet. Bill Kirchen turned me on to Studio Slips, and their products are HIGHLY
    recommended.
    4. (Bottom) - 1968 Fender Twin Reverb with two Celestion G12/75 (English) speakers. I had the Californias, from #2 above, in it for years, but went back to the way I acquired it with the Celestions. This Twin no longer gets any gig time because, athough I'm sad to say it, it's too heavy and cumbersome for me now. PS - it is NOT too loud!

So there you have it! I'm seriously debating getting a new Tonemaster Twin Reverb, but I look at all this and say..."Really? WHY?" Honestly a TR is THE amp for me and is basically what the MPMII and TRM Cab is, just easier to move, so the TMTR thing is REALLY haunting me!!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  2. toomuchfun

toomuchfun Tele-Afflicted

Cool, hope earplugs are in abundance too.

Marc Morfei and hemingway like this.
  3. Fret Wilkes

Lol. Thanks. I'd like to think I know how to use these tools. ;0)

Durtdog and Telecastoff1 like this.
  4. Tube Life

Tube Life TDPRI Member

Love the Alligator!! Which pups? Haven’t tried the Quilters but heard plenty of them through vids. Looking good tho!! Bet it sounds even better!

Here’s my Jer’ified rig.

B78E29C9-7982-4876-A5C4-C7A423A251A1.jpeg

5. Tim S

Tim S Tele-Holic

If only there were another existing thread on this forum to post this list.

Ess Eff and muscmp like this.
  6. muscmp

muscmp Tele-Afflicted

first this week! ha!

play music!

7. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Both you guys have really cool 2x12"s, unless I'm estimating the sizes wrong. But I'd be scared to leave it like that without any grill.

Did you put those P90s on that Ibanez? Looks interesting.

Fret Wilkes and Tube Life like this.
  8. Tube Life

Tube Life TDPRI Member

Thanks!! Yes 2x12’s. Mine is wider than @Fret Wilkes but yes, I have grill covers that get locked down at each speaker clip but I’m not gigging right now.
    The Ibanez AS83 is heavily modded. I routed out a middle pickup, installed new Lollar p90’s, all new wiring harness with the Freeway pup selector. Just installed a Towner Bigsby this past weekend. It plays great and I’ve owned it new since 03’

C3A1D81E-C9F7-40AA-B409-6AF3A9B5E2DF.jpeg 080C06DB-905B-4679-AD47-E8EB8D84CFD2.jpeg CD0CB576-5385-4093-89F8-F5074C75015F.jpeg

Fret Wilkes, stevemc and radiocaster like this.
  9. Fret Wilkes

Thanks. My Alligator is my "homage" to the real thing, more looks than actual, so bridge is DiMarzio SDS-1, N&M are DiMarzio FS-1. Alembic Blaster installed. I love the sound of this guitar, and the neck is AWESOME...Warmoth vintage spec Boatneck. I see you have a Shakedown head there, and a MAC! I know Joe, played a show with him in Bridgeport, CT. Good guitar player and certainly knows his way around an amp.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  10. Fret Wilkes

Ooooh, Tim!, Sorry dude! Apparently I've broken the TDPRI rules...AGAIN. Sorry to inconvenience you sir. I hope to (fill in appropriate deity here) that I'm able to stick around the TDPRI after this transgression that you so observantly noticed, and diligently brought to the fore. I wish I was as good at TDPRI Forum etiquette as you, but alas I just wanted to do a post about my amps, and impetuously did so. I stopped reading, and noting, each and every post on TDPRI somewhere around 2005, so I apologize humbly, deeply, and sincerely for placing my amp post in Amp Central Station. Buy hey, at least it gave you the opportunity to do the "superior dance". All the best to you, sir.

stevemc and radiocaster like this.
  11. Tube Life

Tube Life TDPRI Member

Looks the part that’s for sure. I have a natural strat as well, with the Alembic blaster and pure vintage 65 pups but that’s it. Everything else is bone stock, no stickers or anything.

Yeah it’s a Shakedown 50 watt amp with the blaster and compressor built into it. I also have a Waldo modded twin it sits on which is a beaut as well. Sweet setup you got there, enjoy it!!

Pay no mind to the Internet PoPo’so_O

Fret Wilkes likes this.
  12. Ess Eff

Ess Eff Tele-Holic

Ok. I'm up for doing this again.. ..
    IMG_20191028_093500.jpg
    IMG_20200216_133954.jpg
    IMG_20170923_110502.jpg
    And again... and again...

Fret Wilkes likes this.
  13. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

^^^ What is that red one @Ess Eff ?

14. Ess Eff

Ess Eff Tele-Holic

Blues Junior lll, Red October FSR. With an Eminence Red Wizard speaker, standard.

1600-BluesJr3RO_detail3.jpg
    1600-BluesJr3RO_detail1.jpg

stevemc, Fret Wilkes and RodeoTex like this.
  15. jannodude

jannodude Tele-Afflicted

They aren’t tools! They are instruments! :p

Fret Wilkes likes this.
  16. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Friend of Leo's

Whatever you guys doing, please let me in on it. I need money to post a list of amps like this!

What do your neighbors say???

Tube Life likes this.
  17. hemingway

hemingway Poster Extraordinaire

I think I could fit most of my amps inside one of yours.

Fret Wilkes likes this.
  18. Tim S

Tim S Tele-Holic

Thanks for taking the time to respond to me. It shows you care. I’m deeply touched.

XOXOX

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.