1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

My Amp Through Headphones

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by unixfish, Nov 30, 2020.

1. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

After reading a bit about @DrPepper and his headphone amp, I decided to plug in some ear buds to my Mustang III V2 this weekend.

Things sounded - different. In a good way.

I scrolled through a bunch of pre-sets I have never really liked, but never got around to replacing. I found I liked them a lot better with headphones. A lot.

Maybe it is because I can finally "hear" the intricacies of the sounds? Or maybe there are sounds you pick up in headphones that are lost to a 12" guitar speaker?

Regardless, I was surprised how much fun I had. I will probably need to get an extension cord for my earbuds or some decent over-the-ear units with a longer cord.

Now I know why people record with this amp - maybe speaker vs. direct out gives you much different sounds, closer to headphones, and opens up some possibilities.

Has anyone else found this to be true?

2. cenz

cenz Tele-Meister

Yes. Mustang 2v2, Code 25 and Crush 12.

Get regular over the ear headphones. I have a set of cheap Audio-Technica phones with a 20 ft cord. 29 beans at GC. Better than earbuds.

unixfish likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.