My Amp is Better than Your Amp Club

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by StephaninMelb, Jan 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muchxs

muchxs Doctor of Teleocity

I was gonna say,

"My amp is better than your amp because it's covered with genuine Zombie Hide skinned off real zombies. :D

You can't kill it. :lol:

I'm so proud of it I resurrect two year old zombie threads to talk about it. :rolleyes:

But you guys are havin' fun. So I won't. :cool:

2. Riffraff12571

Riffraff12571 Tele-Holic

Hey, ruk777 was the necromancer and my favorite changed so I figured why not. :rolleyes:

3. muchxs

muchxs Doctor of Teleocity

Like I said, you guys are havin' fun. I'm havin' fun, too. Carry on! :cool:

4. kedj11

kedj11 Tele-Meister

My Twin Reverb is better than anyone's because the vibrato channel was modded by Dumble (back in the day), so along with your typical Twin clean sparkle on the normal channel I get Dumble overdrive on the Vibrato channel (which is twice as loud as the normal channel). No lie!

5. qblue

qblue Tele-Afflicted

My Super Sonic 22W is better because I got a new amp for about $700 after experiencing 2 bad amp deliveries from GC.

I first ordered a used SS22W from an Atlantic City GC, that turned out to be a SS60W, that might have been in the hurricane with watermark damage. It was a mislabeling by the Atlantic City GC. I would have kept it but it was too loud and came without the footswitch.

So after returning it I ordered a SS22W, new from the GC warehouse. It arrived on life support and wailed everytime I set the reverb above 4.

So I returned that one. The guy I was dealing with, decided to make it worthwhile to order a third amp, and made the cost only as much as GC paid for it. I was overjoyed, especially as the third one was perfect.

To me the amp works and sounds as good as a boutique amp without pedals. With pedals it is sublime. I have owned it for 1.5 years now, and a few tube changes it is just a great amp. The sound / price ratio is all positive for me. I gig with this amp and it makes attaining a good sound easier than prior amps. The distortion channel alone is the best reason for acquire this amp. The clean channel sounds like a DRRI. The boost or Fat switch puts one into Bassman region. This amp is Fender's version of a boutique amp, and it competes well at this cost; the boutique amp makers can't compete at this price point. The 5 year warranty is a plus too.

I am only jealous of a Two Rock Imperial amp I heard, only because it weighs less than the 40 lb my amp weighs. However, it doesn't have an effects loop, which to me is a clear weakness. The cost of the Imperial is also prohibitive. I can sit on the SS22W, though, which I wouldn't try on that Two Rock.

6. xarls

xarls TDPRI Member

This is the beast!
    Jajajaja

Attached Files:

7. grantini@aol

grantini@aol TDPRI Member

I think I have about 25 vintage amps, some of them half to be better than yours...

8. Hiker

Hiker Poster Extraordinaire

What, no Peavey love? :lol:

One of their desirable amps was designed to emulate sounds of British Rock while running a pair of 6L6 tubes in the power section. This one has always been taken care of, and will easily melt paint off the walls-it's a keeper!

This thread was made for photos, so bring 'em to the club!

Attached Files:

9. gridlock

gridlock Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I would have to say this, especially with the volume set to 4-5 or above.

Attached Files:

10. Alienware

Alienware Tele-Meister

My Amp is better than your amp because it's an orange ad15 12 made in England, what a tone

ForumRunner_20141108_024709.jpg

11. gridlock

gridlock Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Like it, is it a Rocker 30?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  12. Alienware

Alienware Tele-Meister

Thanks., No its the ad15 12

13. keithb7

keithb7 Friend of Leo's

My home brewed Fender Princeton 5F2A clone. This one is awesome for tweed grind. Lower volumes and plenty of attitude. I built this amp myself. I did some mods to it for my needs. It has switchable negative feedback. You can see the micro switch on the controls. From mean to meaner, with the flick of this switch. It has a multi-tap output transformer for either 4 or 8 ohms. This allows me to plug it into many different cabinets. From single to multiple speaker configurations. It sounds great through anything so far that I have been able to plug it into. Heyboer built in the USA transformers. Hand built wood cabinet. Weber 10A100 speaker. This thing is a lifetime keeper. I love it and it's better than your amp. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. tap4154

tap4154 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I'm not saying my amp is better than anyone's, but my Excelsior has become THE amp for me. Just has "my" tone, playing mainly at lower to moderate volumes clean, with no pedals. Only mod was snipping the bright circuit wire at the switch so now it's raw (former "bright" slider position), or dark, but 99% it's on raw, and plugged into the "guitar" input (though in the pic, it's in accordion)

I LOVE the tremolo, usual have it slow, or faster for some CCR stuff, and off as well, it's like my big Pignose 7-100. Don't miss reverb a bit and love when I stop a note or chord, it stops, or let them sustain and the tremolo just makes it sweet.

Past few months I keep dragging my PJ, '69 Champ, Super 210 & 25R back out to compare, but to me, there is no comparison. I just LOVE this amp and it's thick/mid-heavy clean tone, and tremolo! Nothing against the other amps, but this amp just does it for me ever since I bought it about 10 months ago at GC for $199. Really a great apartment/bedroom amp btw.

[​IMG]

15. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Former Member

My favorite amp is a Rivera Clubster Royale 112, cause that is what I own right now. Can't say haven't played them all. I own a Peavey VTM 120 head and 412 cab in the 90's for a short while. I was playing Christian Rock and Metal using a PV nitro guitar loaded with EMGs. It was great for that, do you like all those little switches in front.

Attached Files:

16. Izzy

Izzy TDPRI Member

1959 ImageUploadedByTDPRI1425441844.311085.jpg Supro 1624T Jimi Hendrix played a supro and so did jimmy page what other reason do you need?

17. bparnell57

bparnell57 Poster Extraordinaire

ImageUploadedByTDPRI1425444176.193812.jpg

62 Guild 98RT Reverb Amp. It's a Reverberocket clone in an identical cab and chassis with tweaks and rebranding. Oh, and it's got CSNY, Bad Company, Led Zeppelin, and Blue Oyster Cult band names on it in the various layers of spray paint on it, as well as extensive touring wear. Is it real or a fans amp, who knows. All I know is MOJO.

18. NiceTele

NiceTele Tele-Afflicted

My wife has come to a lot of my gigs over the years, where I have been playing in various bands with so many different amps and never had any real opinion on how I or the band sound...generally "oh yeah it sounds OK". I did a gig recently with my new second-hand Blues Deluxe RI and for the first time in memory she actually said- "have you done something to your guitar? it sounded really good today!" Go figure..

19. MesaAaron

MesaAaron TDPRI Member

Another Mesa express 5:50 owner... amazing amp! And the 5 watt feature doesn't even half the volume, I rarely use it (even at bedroom levels)! Completely changes the voice of the clean channel. Gorgeous sounding though!

20. BobbyZ

BobbyZ Doctor of Teleocity

That reminds me.
    My girlfriend came home a while back and said I sounded real good.
    Now if I could just rember what I was playing at the time. :rolleyes:

Muchxs is right. You can't kill a zombe.:lol:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.