1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

My 5 year old's first geetar and amp

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by RelicStrat, Apr 29, 2006.

1. RelicStrat

RelicStrat Tele-Meister

Got this for my son who turns 5 on May 6th. Picked up the Champ on ebay and got it in the mail yesterday. It sounds great. The SX Strat from Rhondo is a 3/4 size lefty that cost less than a hundred bucks. The pickups actually sound decent, have a nice warm tone to them. Much better than the buzzsaw sound that my MIM strat has. It plays great considering how inexpensive it is. It's also made in China. Would have gotten him a Tele style if they made a 3/4 size. Hope my son likes it. He decided he wants to play guitar like his daddy. If not at least I'll have a cool little practice amp.

[​IMG]

2. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Cool, my parents had me waiting until I was twelve before they gave me the go-ahead to buy my first electric.

3. BlueMidnight

BlueMidnight Tele-Meister

What???....no pedals??? :)

4. PapaBeef

PapaBeef Friend of Leo's

Yeah, there ya go.
    I played a Stella with Black Diamond strings until I was 10 1/2.
    My fingers looked like hamburger meat by the time my parents sprung for a used Kent semi hollow body that looked kinda like a Beatle Bass, but with a single cutaway & an almost Bigsby.
    That was pretty cool, until it almost electrocuted me on my first gig.
    Great job, R.S.. There's nothing more rewarding than turning your kid into a Degenerate Guitar Junkie at an early age.
    My rotten kid wants a Rickenbacker bass and/or a Hamer Standard (American) for her graduation present next month.
    I'm so proud of her. :D

5. Val-tone

Val-tone Tele-Holic

Wow, good for you. My 4 1/2 year old son was up in the attic with me yesterday playing his drums while I was playing guitar. He had on my harmonica holder and was playing that at the same time. He wants to be in a band when he grows up, he says...

6. fish almighty

fish almighty TDPRI Member

I'm sure you know this, but be careful with the kids and things that plug in. I was too paranoid to let my son and daughter mess with a big amp so I bought them a battery-powered Pignose. Works great. Here's my son's stash. He will be three in June. Not shown is his Digitech RP-80 pedal. He also has an SG copy and a uke.

[​IMG]

7. barnbustud

barnbustud Tele-Holic

electrocuted?!? :D :p

8. chickenpicker

chickenpicker Friend of Leo's

Remind me not to buy the house next door to yours please... :lol:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.