My 2003 Telecaster Mexi-Standard Hot-Rod Project

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by mrench01, Jan 28, 2020.

1. mrench01

mrench01 Tele-Meister

Hi All,

I haven't posted in forever. Not sure why but I decided to post up some information about my long term project. I bought this 2003 Sage Green Metallic Telecaster in 2003. It was the first Telecaster I have ever owned and I still have it.

(circa- 2003, not my tele but exactly like the pic)
    [​IMG]

Since then I have rebuilt, modified, and hot-rodded my 2003 Telecaster multiple times. For 2020 I have dropped the hammer and we full yee-haw! The modifications are extensive to say the least. I can't even remember how many times I've rewired it over the years. But at this point I've finally settled on what I really wanted out of this great guitar. I just LOVE it to bits! Here's a sneak peek at what she looks like today on my workbench. (still working on it).

(Jan 2020, work in progress!)
    [​IMG]

I have a little YouTube Channel. I have been making Motorcycle vids for a while but recently started making videos about other stuff I enjoy. The videos are not commercial or anything (though I used to run a repair business) I just enjoy putting together the videos and having fun in the process. At any rate, drop in and check them out. It's probably far more interesting to watch than me blather on with a tome of war & peace about all my Telecaster adventures! All I can say is now at this stage I am starting a new chapter where B-Bends are in my future! Telecaster Hot-Rod Project Part 1, 2, 3 are below. Part 4 is in the works soon....

Cheers!

Mike

Nubs, richiek65 and Muku like this.
  2. mrench01

mrench01 Tele-Meister

Part 4 is up on the Tubes!

Cheers!

Mike

CalebAaron666 and richiek65 like this.
  3. richiek65

richiek65 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Impressive. The picture clarity is so sharp it almost hurts! Gorgeous guitar, I have something similar in concept (though way tamer aesthetically, and nowhere near as high end) kind of underway, but I'll never reach your lofty heights. When I have a bit more time I'll be watching the videos thoroughly (skimmed thru just now) and taking notes!
    Thanks for going to so much trouble

mrench01 likes this.
  4. CalebAaron666

CalebAaron666 Tele-Meister

Cool! I love the look of wild teles! Also, bigsby’s are the best!
    My pirate-caster (in my avatar) has leather and is also a hot-rod, but in the Gretsch Hot-rod sense, where it’s just pickups, switch, volume, jack. No tone circuit.

mrench01 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.