My 1st Tele type guitar arrived = AXL Badwater Eldorado

theleman

Tele-Meister
I have been looking for a cheap Telecaster / T-type guitar for a while, and the 1st one I got is a used,

AXL Badwater Eldorado Telecaster

This guitar is a winner. It works very well. The bridge pup has the traditional telecaster growl and punch.
The middle position has the country twang.
The neck pickup sounds like a Strat. It is the best of the both guitars = Tele + Strat.
But it is more like a Telecaster. Looks cool and plays well.

Last edited:

theleman

Tele-Meister
Sure. She looks cool. Plays very nice. I like it.

51983180572_ded8b99f0a_b.jpg

theleman

Tele-Meister
Thanks mate. Yeah really pleased with the AXL BETTY (Badwater Eldorado Tele TypeY).
It is a 2x PUPs guitar from the factory.

theleman

Tele-Meister
I was lucky that one popped up locally (relatively) for sale. Grabbed as soon as I saw it, after watching the youtube video. :D

theleman

Tele-Meister
Congrats, looks cool! I'm not seeing the 3 pickups tho ... ?

Aha - I was meaning to say the middle position of the pup select switch.
Not middle pup. There is no middle pup.

Now corrected the typo. Thanks for pointing it out.

Last edited:

theleman

Tele-Meister
I am waiting for another T-type guitar arriving soon.
It looks like that it is a pure-dead partscaster, made of various bits and pieces.
Will update on that too.

theleman

Tele-Meister
Thanks. I am really pleased with the NG.
This is another good video on BETTY.

theleman

Tele-Meister
Very unique look. Never seen one before.
I think it had been a while since it was in production. Not current production model, I feel. I could be wrong.
It is a quite versatile guitar, as I really feel having two guitars in one (Strat and Tele).
It has such a strong character of pickup voice. Neck = Strat, Bridge = Tele.
The middle position gives nice twang.
The guitar feels solid and made of good quality parts, although they might be cheap.
Definitely a good practicing or gigging guitar for sure.

Last edited:

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
When I first saw your photo it reminded me of the Yamaha Pacifica Tele a guy I played with sometimes in the 90s had. I remembered there was some aspect of the body contour Yamaha kind of did their own way, but when I hunted up a photo of one, I see that they got creative with the top horn and made it sweep visually into the lower cutaway:
AE8BDF7E-8D89-4C62-95D3-F2DE5DC4A406.jpeg

Which to my eye looks pretty cool in that finish but with certain finishes and from certain angles looks kind of awkward to me.

However I was fully in favor of how it sounded; he got great sounds out of that thing with a Boss SD-1 into a Fender Pro Jr.

I think the opened-up and sharpened cutaway on your AXL is a more radical departure, and I think I like it more because of that. It retains the basic tonal recipe but is its own thing visually.

theleman

Tele-Meister
Yeah, there is something about this AXL Betty, which oozes cool and vintage vibe atmosphere visually, and when I hold it the feel of the body and neck, kinda warm and familiar feel it gives.
The sound is full and rich. Well set up, and plays very good.

Last edited: