My 15 dollar (pedal) board

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by dreamingtele, Jun 1, 2019.

1. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Friend of Leo's

Its an AVRI 62. Its my holy grail. This will forever stay. Hehe

SPUDCASTER likes this.
  2. dreamingtele

Its the most expensive on this board. But Ive used it in the past before I upgraded to a DD500. I know I couldve done it with a DD7 like I had for 6+ years, but I need something that can save presets but not over the top.

Its still half the price of a DD500 and a third of a Strymon Timeline. At least from where I am.

3. dreamingtele

I couldnt build my own as I have no tools, and I wont be able to build it for this price.

Here are a couple more photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Hmmm... You're giving me ideas here. Looks nice!

dreamingtele likes this.
  5. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Friend of Leo's

What did you make that from again?

6. dreamingtele

7. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Friend of Leo's

I love the look and the idea. But many of these cost as much as some pedalboards I've seen. I've used a wooden cutting board for a pedalboard when I only had a few pedals. You can definitely get creative with those too.

dreamingtele likes this.
  8. dreamingtele

Yes, these can get pricey too, but I was lucky, the store was on sale, and I got it 70% off, and its just 15!

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  9. Alter

Alter Tele-Meister

You can buy such a board at Ikea for 3-5 euros, depending on the size. Then you can paint it, put Velcro on it, buy a bag of you need one. It works great. I bought a couple and just used the extra Velcro from the pedaltrains. ;)

[​IMG]

dreamingtele likes this.
  10. LunarSlingShot

LunarSlingShot Tele-Holic

EBAD3437-D72A-4AD0-A3CA-1FF8357EC077.jpeg Built mine outta stuff I had laying around the garage. Happened to have some cool paint to compliment it

tele-bastard and dreamingtele like this.
  11. dreamingtele

Went to Ikea too, but I liked the teak wood I saw in the store I went to first.

12. dreamingtele

I wish i have the tools!

13. CWP0126

CWP0126 Tele-Meister

How are you all mounting your pedals on these slatted boards, Velcro?

14. dreamingtele

Yes, individual velcro on the underside of the pedals.. This isnt my permanent pedal board, but I tried carrying it and velcro seem to hold up well, but not for too long.. Id probably put this in an ikea bag, and carry it with both hands on the way to the audition unless my real pedal board comes in before Wednesday.

Its good enough for jamming and not going gorilla on my pedals, and would hold up well in an audition performance, but I think in the long run, if I really want to use this permanently, I will put cable ties around the pedals.

15. CWP0126

CWP0126 Tele-Meister

Hi @dreamingtele,

Thanks for the reply! This may sound like a dumb question, but how do you put cable ties around your pedals to make them attach for the board?

The slats on the board are horizontal, and the only way i can see to attach the pedals with cable ties would be horizontal as well, leaving nothing to attach to. I assume you mean those plastic zip ties.

I can see it if the slats are running the other way, vertically from the pedals, and I can’t figure this out. I would like to put a small board together, but don’t want to glue Velcro on the bottom of my pedals.

Again, sorry for my ignorance if I am missing something obvious. Thanks for the help, and best of luck with the audition!

16. dreamingtele

Yes, I mean Plastic Zip Ties.

I was also thinking about that.. but using this board, Id probably modify the underside, Id probably buy a piece of wood that can go underneath the board, under each pedal, screw/nail it on the underside of the board, and use that as an anchor for my zip ties to around horizontally on the pedal... am I making any sense?

I was also the same way before, I never want to put velcro on the bottom of the pedals, for resale and all, but the thing is, everybody puts velcro on the pedals and I can always clean it after putting velcro on it.. They get stepped on and gets used anyway

CWP0126 likes this.
  17. esquirestuart

esquirestuart TDPRI Member

Looks very sleek! I really like the 'rustic' look of the wood, inspires me to try something like that myself :)

Off topic: how do you like that Chinese Klon clone? I've been looking at one of those kits, and they look like a fun project!

18. claes

claes Tele-Holic

Lol, was going to ask you about the sticker on the yojo. Don't be shy...it's probably my favorite pedal. And yes I use to have the tech 21 blonde to

19. dreamingtele

I got it used (next to nothing) and already has a sticker on it! The person who I bought it from said he wanted everyone to guess what it is.

claes likes this.
  20. dreamingtele

Its my first klon-type OD. I like it very much. I use it to push my Joyo American sound and as my first stage dirt.

I wanted to get a Tumnus Deluxe but its just too much money for something I want to try first. I guess I’m on a klon journey as I really like what it does as a clean boost.

My Joyo is my clean sound. I use the Bassman settings from Tech21.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.