1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

MXR Phase 90 Script

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by guit30, Aug 20, 2012.

1. guit30

guit30 Tele-Afflicted

Is this 99 dollar phaser a good one?, I am starting to like MXR stuff. This is supposed to be a custom shop model as is the Vintage Phase 90 Script, no Led or plug for outboard juice. The cheaper one has same parts plus Led and plug for power.

2. JesterR

JesterR Tele-Afflicted

Script phase (with led and power supply) is some kind of EVH phase 90 in different box. It definitely warmer and more organic, then stock block log.
    '74 RI script phase done as total reissue with authentic guts.

So, if you want most authentic, buy '74RI but I have script phase (older version with power supply jack, but without led) and happy with it.

3. smoss469

smoss469 Tele-Afflicted

The CS Script Reissue (w/LED) is great. I picked one up a while back using some Best Buy reward certificates. I A/B'd it against my friends block logo and as Jester said, it's slightly warmer and loses some of the "metallic" sound you occasionally get with the Block version.

4. gtrguru

gtrguru Friend of Leo's

There was a discussion a few months back about the CS Script. Everyone said the insides were the same as tue EVH but I posted a pick of my CS and the thread stopped. I really don't think they are the same.

The CS is very warm and more subtle than the EVH or block version. Its the perfect phase IMO.

5. domm

domm Tele-Meister

ive had all 3, the block being my least favorite. i cs script w led/evh are the same pedal. they have a switch inside for evh mode or classic. my pcb on the script version says evh on it!

6. bossking7

bossking7 Tele-Afflicted

+1

7. dakotaplaysgtar

dakotaplaysgtar Tele-Meister

the zakk wylde overdrive and the GT overdrive are the same as well, they too have a switch inside to make one or the other lol

8. dakotaplaysgtar

dakotaplaysgtar Tele-Meister

Check this out...http://youtu.be/g1f3osaPsuY

I just did this demo of a vintage phase 45... sounds better than a phase 90. A little less intense and a better overall warmer tone. More transparent, a great pedal. They too make a reissue of this but you can get an original for around the same price ($100 on ebay) and worth every penny. Also only batteries but im working on a no mod solution to that... another video in the works :)

I did just post this on another thread but here it is again lol

telereissue likes this.
  9. BadTranslate

BadTranslate Tele-Meister

I just got a Custom Shop Phase 90 Script reissue w/ LED and unscrewed the back to look inside and the PCB does in fact say EVH on it!

10. AndreasG

AndreasG TDPRI Member

I have the EVH model and the script setting is very nice, but honestly I don‘t hear much difference to the „normal“ block logo I had. The EVH also has a LED and a power jack, so if you don‘t mind the grafics (I like them) seems like a good option

11. telereissue

telereissue Tele-Meister

I just bought this pedal, and it's nothing like the CSP026 handwired one I had before it, but wss having issues with.

The script logo one with LED is not as natural sounding and sounds like it sits over top the sound of your guitar.

12. Blues Twanger

Blues Twanger Tele-Afflicted

I have the CS Script Phase 45 and it is very well done. If you prefer the more modulated tone of the 90 and like the idea of the CS build I don't think you could go wrong.

13. deus56

deus56 Tele-Meister

The Dunlop versions are fine representations of the classic MXR pedals.
    Here is my BUD box Script Phase 90.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.