MXR Iso-Brick?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by nathanteal, Apr 12, 2015.

1. nathanteal

nathanteal Tele-Holic

Good? Bad? Y/N?

2. FenderLover

FenderLover Poster Extraordinaire

That's a very good question.
    1) They are not specific at all what Fully Isolated means. Their web site has very little information.
    2) I fail to see the advantage in supplying two outputs at 9V@100mA, 2x9V @300mA, 2x9V@450mA, and so forth when the simplest regulator chips that they buy for $0.20 each will do 9V@1000mA each.

If anyone has one, I'd appreciate a gut shot to see if the transformer has 10 separate outputs, because if it doesn't, it's not Fully Isolated.

That doesn't mean it won't work for you though.

3. RyanJH

RyanJH Tele-Meister

Just because the regulators can put out 1000ma, doesn't meant the secondaries can supply that much to each regulator.

-Ryan

4. Middleman

Middleman Friend of Leo's

I've got one for a small pedal board and it does just as good as my Voodoo power supply on my larger pedal board.

I'm running a min fuzz face, EP Booster, Tube screamer mini, Keeley compressor 2 knob, TC Flashback Delay and a Wampler Tape Echo. No problems.

5. nathanteal

nathanteal Tele-Holic

Assuming you have the DC Brick? Been looking around and it appears the Iso-Brick won't start shipping u til June or thereabouts.

In any case, it looks to be a solid solution to my needs without breaking the bank. Provided it is actually solid. I've heard a lot of good about the DCB, though some have called it a "glorified daisy chain." I've been using a OneSpot for over a year and will need to upgrade soon, so....

6. Middleman

Middleman Friend of Leo's

Yes, sorry, saw the picture and it looked the same. I have the DC Brick.

7. FenderLover

FenderLover Poster Extraordinaire

I think it's likely they can, but not really my point...

Glorified, but in a good way. Feeding power from separate circuits is more preferable over the Daisy Chain, which is what the 1-Spot is.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.