Mustang

SonicMustang

Tele-Meister
Just finished my first from scratch Mustang body and I’m super happy with how it turned out. It sounds incredible. I named it Blackbird.

All of the electronics are from a Player Mustang, body is Basswood

I gave it a black stain that is slightly translucent as you can see in the mock up picture below. 1BB8EF30-6BF0-4170-B576-65E8ADC32405.jpeg 89A26757-F35F-425E-B6A5-4AEBDE1A2451.jpeg

Last edited:

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
I always thought of Mustang as a student level guitar. Then I saw Nora Jones playing one and the clean sound was just beautiful. An MIA Mustang is no longer cheap and MIM isn’t a low cost alternative. It leaves too much out, like the switching. Maybe the answer is to build your own but that’s not cheap either with quality components. Anyway, nice guitar. I like it and I like the trans black.

Last edited:

57joonya

Tele-Afflicted
Looks great . I like the tele saddles … I had a early 70’s mustang that really I regret getting rid of. Great guitars , easy to play . Mine was a little narrow at the nut , I think is why I got rid of it

SonicMustang

Tele-Meister
Looks great . I like the tele saddles … I had a early 70’s mustang that really I regret getting rid of. Great guitars , easy to play . Mine was a little narrow at the nut , I think is why I got rid of it
Exactly why I built this one! I had a Mustang a couple years ago and sold it. Regretted it.

SonicMustang

Tele-Meister
I always thought of Mustang as a student level guitar. Then I saw Nora Jones playing one and the clean sound was just beautiful. An MIA Mustang is no longer cheap and MIM isn’t a low cost alternative. It leaves too much out, like the switching. Maybe the answer is to build your own but that’s not cheap eitwith quality components. Anyway, nice guitar. I like it and I like the trans black.

I was actually pretty surprised at how great of an instrument this turned out to be. $30 piece of basswood, $100 neck and about $150 in other parts (loaded Player pickguard/plate, bridge, tuners) Less than $300 for, no joke, one of the best sounding guitars I’ve ever owned.

Playability is up there as well. I lucked out with the neck. Frets were done well and the nut was too.

I feel like I hit the jackpot on this one. Really taught me that expensive isn’t always better and most of the time isn’t worth it.