1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Mustang V head

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by speedy mcfeely, May 10, 2016.

1. speedy mcfeely

speedy mcfeely Tele-Holic

Hello Mustang folk!

I'm currently gigging with a Mesa Lonestar head and 212. I'm considering getting a Mustang V head. What's the weight and reliability of these guys? I know that it'll sound fine. I'm more concerned with weight and wether it'll hold up to gigging. Any info would be great, thanks!

My other amp consideration is a Quilter tone block. Which is lighter but not as versatile.

2. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Which? Definitely the Quilter.

3. fender4life

fender4life Friend of Leo's

As much as i love mine and feel it's built as well as most SS amps, still the parts are cheap. The data wheel for example. I have had mine open and it's not built badly at all, but the moving parts like pots, data wheel, jacks, all are cheap as with any budget amp and if i were still gigging regularly i would not trust it. BUT, as good an amp as it otherwise is i WOULD gig it. But i;d just keep a backup like a mustang floor or some other pedal type modeler that i could plug into the PA. Or even into the mustang's return jack and use the power amp because chances are probably 98% that if it goes down it's going to be the digital preamp section and related parts that will be the problem. Anything after the return jack is just a basic SS power section and should be very reliable.

4. speedy mcfeely

speedy mcfeely Tele-Holic

Thanks for the input. I may just go with something else. I haven't gotten to play a quilter yet. It's on the list.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.