1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Mustang trem

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by Meshgearfox, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Meshgearfox

Meshgearfox Tele-Meister

Have any of you ever mounted a Dynamic Vibrato on a tele? I'm thinking of placing it back further than its normal position and notching out the bridge and running the string over the existing saddles. It looks like I can get a break angle similar to a jazzmaster but i'm not sure it that would be sharp enough. Any thoughts or suggestions?

2. twiggymac

twiggymac Tele-Holic

looks freaking sweet!
    [​IMG]

3. Meshgearfox

Meshgearfox Tele-Meister

That does look nice. Maybe i'll install the tremolo in the proper position and look for a plate to mount the bridge pup.

4. twiggymac

twiggymac Tele-Holic

5. LocustPlague

LocustPlague Tele-Holic

Make sure you wrap the strings correctly on the mustang trem. The string goes through the retainer with the ball end pointed toward the neck, then you bend the string UNDER the tailpiece. Any other way and you will NOT get a big enough angle.

6. Meshgearfox

Meshgearfox Tele-Meister

Thanks. I got the tremolo on a guitar ( in the loosest sense of the word) a friend gave me years ago. He had the strings inserted through the back side and then wrapped over the top and back around to come out under the tailpiece. It worked, sort of, but the the guitar was unplayable for a host of other reasons so I tore it apart and put the hardware in my "maybe i'll need this someday" box.

7. Meshgearfox

Meshgearfox Tele-Meister

8. twiggymac

twiggymac Tele-Holic

pretty sure its chrome plated aluminum, but same thing! you could always buy a cheap bridge and chop off the bridge part. then you would have a tele bridge pickup plate, AND a half bridge!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.