Mustang Micro

Eastbound71

TDPRI Member
Here is a tune I wrote where all guitar parts were recorded from the headphone output of a mustang micro direct to the input of my audio interface. I am surprised at the quality of guitar tones I am able to get from the mustang micro with this set up. This was using the studio pre amp setting on the mustang micro. What do you all think?

StoneH

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Here is a tune I wrote where all guitar parts were recorded from the headphone output of a mustang micro direct to the input of my audio interface. I am surprised at the quality of guitar tones I am able to get from the mustang micro with this set up. This was using the studio pre amp setting on the mustang micro. What do you all think?

Very nice! Now, if you could just cycle through all the amps and effects and have the results posted to SoundCloud by noon, we would be suitably impressed. ;)

Eastbound71

TDPRI Member
Very nice! Now, if you could just cycle through all the amps and effects and have the results posted to SoundCloud by noon, we would be suitably impressed. ;)
Thanks man! I should mention that I only use the studio pre amp setting on the micro to record. I hear some artifacts on the other amp settings, which are not pleasing to me. Should also mention that the reverb effects on the recording are all from the micro

Blrfl

Tele-Afflicted
Nice.

If you didn't know, you can plug the Micro's USB interface straight into your computerand it turns into an audio source. That will cut one D-to-A conversion in the Micro and one A-to-D in your audio interface out of the process.

Eastbound71

TDPRI Member
Nice.

If you didn't know, you can plug the Micro's USB interface straight into your computerand it turns into an audio source. That will cut one D-to-A conversion in the Micro and one A-to-D in your audio interface out of the process.
Thanks - I had some trouble with monitoring and latency using that method, because you must use the headphone out of the mustang micro to monitor in this case. The monitored sound and recorded sounds will not line up correctly when multitracking in DAW

suthol

Friend of Leo's
Thanks - I had some trouble with monitoring and latency using that method, because you must use the headphone out of the mustang micro to monitor in this case. The monitored sound and recorded sounds will not line up correctly when multitracking in DAW
Does reducing the buffer size help

Leonardocoate

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter

I like it! I have heard good things about those. I feel g.a.s coming on. Nice jam also