1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Mustang Floor effects loop question

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by tele12, Oct 25, 2012.

1. tele12

tele12 Friend of Leo's

I just got a Mustang Floor pedal and am having a problem using the effects loop.

In the manual Fender states "The on/off state of the insert loop is stored as part of each preset.".

I can't find any way to change this on the unit. Is this only modifiable with the Fuse Software?

If so does anyone know of any presets that have the loop enabled in the stock factory presets?

Thanks.

2. tele12

tele12 Friend of Leo's

Nobody has tried the effects loop on this?

3. boldaslove71

boldaslove71 Tele-Meister

I dont have the pedal, (I have Mustang I), but many of the advanced features require the FUSE Software. If you intend on using the loop feature but dont always want to use computer, try making a template with the loop and work with that on the pedal

4. tele12

tele12 Friend of Leo's

Thanks. The only thing is to run FUSE I need to upgrade the OS on my Mac. If I'm going have to do that I think I will just return the pedal and get an IPad.

5. mindlobster

mindlobster Tele-Afflicted

It works here. Select your preset. Turn on the insert switch so it lights red. Then press the red Save button. Load another preset. Come back to your original preset and the red insert switch should be on.

6. tele12

tele12 Friend of Leo's

Thank you! Worked just like you said.

7. mindlobster

Happy to help. I love the Floor!

8. tele12

tele12 Friend of Leo's

I'm not completely sold on it yet. Do you have any more tips/tricks/presets/settings?

I don't have Fuse, I'd need to upgrade the OS on my Mac to install it. Does Fuse add that much more?

9. mindlobster

As you probably know, sag and bias make a big change to the amps. I delete unused effects so I can't trigger them by mistake - you can select 'none' for a slot. Errr, not sure what else, offhand. Anything you ask I'll try to help. Fuse is mostly good for archiving and sharing presets, and reordering effects in the chain. You can also load backing tracks when you select a preset from within Fuse (they play on the mac tho, not from the Floor).

10. mindlobster

Oh, and if you're still reading this, the output modes in the utility menu make a hug difference to the sound!

11. tele12

tele12 Friend of Leo's

I'm still reading. Haven't had time to do anything with the unit lately, prepping for a storm.

12. mindlobster

OK, I see you're in NY. Yes, you've got much more important things to deal with!

Good luck, I hope everybody's going to be safe.

I'm subscribed to this thread, so if you want to talk when things are quieter, I'll see it.

13. tele12

tele12 Friend of Leo's

Thanks very much for the well wishes. Myself, family and friends did OK,in some way very lucky.
    But this was a certainly more devastating than anything I've seen.

14. mindlobster

That's good news! Yeah from what I've seen here it looks really shocking. I don't know how it was for you locally but also from here it looked as if the preparations and warnings were very effective.

15. tapollok

tapollok Tele-Holic

Mindlobster!

Glad someone's in the positive camp.
    I bought the Floor mainly as a backup for live use...
    and with hope that it would sound good thru PA.
    Demo'd it thru a PA and it passed muster....
    Not so good thru my band's system yet.

I need low level OD...just past breakup and haven't dialed that in on any presets.

Couple ?'s for you.

Do you use a separate OD pedal thru the loop?

Do you have a step by step for configuring the pedal as a manual wah?
    Just can't get that figured out.

Thanks for your posts.

Tom

16. mindlobster

Hey Tom, I'm out all day but I'll try to help you later on. As far as the PA goes, have you tried the different output modes in the utility menu?

17. tapollok

tapollok Tele-Holic

thanks ...nice of you!

I believe I've been through every setting in the unit ...
    I actually use the PA setting through a Genz Benz Black Pearl live .

I'm usually very proficient at figuring these things out, but the floor has some quirks I can't resolve.

for instance , I have the pedal default set to control volume on all the presets .
    but I have 1 presets which won't release control and insists on having the pedal control amp overdrive level.

Overall the floor is working for me though

18. mindlobster

OK Tom, I've just gone through a couple of things with the Floor. Here goes:

- No, I don't use any separate pedals apart from a looper. Adding extra pedals would take away my main reason for using it - it's self-contained.

- OD/breakup. I've been playing about with the 57 Champ, set to gain 3.7, vol 7.8, sag Less, and bias 50%. Using a Tele with Pearly Gates at the bridge, I can get a clean picking sound that crosses into breakup when you hit it harder. If you then need to push it into more overload, use the Compressor in the Stomp slot to drive it. Should work quite like this with a single coil too.

- Wah. Load Wah effect into Mod slot. Press Pedal button, then press the scroll wheel 3 times until it says Floor Exp Behaviour, and choose Modulation. Press the scroll wheel again and choose Floor Exp Parameter Frequency. That should be it? Let me know if not, the pedal controls are a bit obscure.

- Volume pedal. You should be able to use the expression pedal toe switch to change back into volume mode. On presets where I don't want to use the expression pedal at all, I choose 'off' for Floor Exp Behaviour in the Pedal menu.

I hope this helps! I like the Floor, it just takes some time to tweak it to your own taste. Let me know how you get on :)

19. tapollok

tapollok Tele-Holic

Eureka!

Appreciate all your help...thanks for the time u put in!

After pulling a few too many hairs out...
    I discovered that the expression pedal was not depressing the button to change function.

I now have a stunningly good (and editable) wah!!

Thrilled to keep this thread going.
    I need to make the most of this pedal...
    I'm going to allocate dedicated time to flesh it out properly.

Thanks again!

Cheers,

Tom

20. mindlobster

That's good! Let me know how you get on the with amp breakup, I'm still playing around with that myself.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.