Must I move the mulch much?

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I've always wished I hadn't, but my mom's husband kept after me to bring him a load of sand when I was driving truck. One day I brought him a full end dump load of sand (more than twenty yards of it) and asked him if he was sure he wanted it? He said he did, so I dumped it out in front of his place on a cleared area. It took him a LONG time to truck that sand to the parts he needed it with a wheelbarrow!

memorex

Poster Extraordinaire
I just have one question. You seem to be living in a residential subdivision. Don't your neighbors care if you turn the lot into a mini-farm?

GGardner

Friend of Leo's
I find a pitch fork to be is easier/more efficient than a shovel when trying to move mulch. But as they say, your mileage may differ.

ClashCityTele

Friend of Leo's
You can never have too much mulch.
We used it for paths between our vegetable beds.
Put around the fruit bushes to keep down weeds.
Let some rot down and use as compost.

Ronhar

TDPRI Member
She’s one of the hard working generation. Reminds me of a contest between me and my little brother (11 years younger). He had horses and was moving a big load of chat into parts of the barn. I challenged him and we started shoveling and ‘barrowing. Blew him away even though he was trying hard. I had the advantage of several years in my youth shoveling sand at a glass plant and developing all the right muscles. He got a lot out of me but I got the final grin. He’s a good brother. You’d like him.