Must have Katana patches for Telecasters

40flash

TDPRI Member
I fiddled with the multitude of adjustments on my Katana 50 mk1 and got a few sounds I like and downloaded many of the free patches from Boss Tone Central but nothing compares with the Tele Pack 2 offered by Juca Nery. The pack works with a Mk 1 and a Mk 2. There are 8 wonderful Tele tones included. I've always liked my Katana but wow! Now I love it. What a difference the right set of patches can make. You most likely paid well over $200 for your amp. Don't hesitate to pay the $18 and change to make it sound like you always wanted it to.
No he isn't paying me, (but he should) lol There is a demo video of the patches at this site. https://jucaneryguitar.com/product/telecaster-pack-ii/

There are tons of other patch packages as well. Some great ones for Strats & other inferior guitars. lol
Juca is a moderator on the Boss Katana patches facebook page. If you haven't been there, check it out.
My apologies: I posted this in the maim tele category first before putting it here under modeling amps.

burntfrijoles

Poster Extraordinaire
I don’t own a Katana. However I have owned a number of other modeling amps which have user and professional patches available for download. Over the years I’ve probably downloaded close to 100 patches. I have to say I was disappointed in almost everyone of them. Must be user error on my part. :oops:

I think it’s awesome that you found some some great patches for the Tele. Enjoy those bad boys.

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
Have not tried a Katana yet, but that seems like a group of 8 sounds that pretty much covers it. All cool sounds. I especially liked that Juicy Tele sound on the bridge pickup. I like that he did not shy away from including some raucous mids.

40flash

TDPRI Member
I checked out the Dutch Guitar Dude. Some good stuff there and it's hard to beat free. I especially like the Stevie Vai sound. However, I found no Tele specific sounds. If you bought a Tele for the unique Tele twang you cannot beat Juca's Tele Pack ii.

effzee

Tele-Holic
I fiddled with the multitude of adjustments on my Katana 50 mk1 and got a few sounds I like and downloaded many of the free patches from Boss Tone Central but nothing compares with the Tele Pack 2 offered by Juca Nery. The pack works with a Mk 1 and a Mk 2. There are 8 wonderful Tele tones included. I've always liked my Katana but wow! Now I love it. What a difference the right set of patches can make. You most likely paid well over $200 for your amp. Don't hesitate to pay the $18 and change to make it sound like you always wanted it to.
No he isn't paying me, (but he should) lol There is a demo video of the patches at this site. https://jucaneryguitar.com/product/telecaster-pack-ii/

There are tons of other patch packages as well. Some great ones for Strats & other inferior guitars. lol
Juca is a moderator on the Boss Katana patches facebook page. If you haven't been there, check it out.
My apologies: I posted this in the maim tele category first before putting it here under modeling amps.
I have the telecaster 2 collection but they sound very scratchy and thin, not good at all. Maybe it has to do with my overwound pickups or some other settings I've made on Tone Studio. The guitar with those pickups sounds fantastic through my old EL84 H&K.

The sneaky amps are a great addition to the Katana collection.

And the most important tool in the Katana shed is Juca's "Library" app. It's fantastic. The virtual GA-FC is worth the couple bucks he charges for it. But it does so much more. I think it's $7. And I believe it's now available for iOS.

effzee

Tele-Holic

I wanted to draw attention to this again. I replied previously saying that the patches weren't doing it for me. But I've done a factory reset on the Katana in the meantime, erased all the fiddling I did with the settings when I first got it, loaded the patches again and oh yessss sounding much better!