1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Musonic Wah W-100 Repair

Discussion in 'Burnt Fingers DIY Effects' started by Marky D., Apr 2, 2014.

1. Marky D.

Marky D. Tele-Holic

I've had one of these for years, and recently dug it out of storage to try and get it going. Looked like someone had tampered with it, so I got it back to the original schematic with help from photos and schematics from various web sites. I got it to work with a weak wah, so I replaced the 2 electrolytics and the inductor (with a red fasel). Still the same weak sound.. I guess I'm down to checking resistors etc. and maybe replacing the 2 transistors (Si MPS A09). I guess this wah is similar to the wah part of a Colorsound Fuzz-Wah (the circuit looks identical).

Any hints on getting this unit back in service. The shotgunning approach isn't paying off so far..

Thanks!

2. Joe Gagan

Joe Gagan Tele-Meister

hi marky, sorry i missed this. i have serviced a number of these AND the colorsounds they are based on. you are correct, with the exception of the added power jack and related components, the rest is a dead on colorsound wah clone.

i hope you kept the original SOD inductor, they were cool. the red fasel is an OK sub.

what are the voltages on the transistors? is the switch tested for continuity &capacitance?

this should be a pretty easy fix.
    BTW they are great wahs!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.