1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Muslady strat v1 complete

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Thoughtfree, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Thoughtfree

Thoughtfree Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

First iteration of the Muslady strat is complete. Firebird-style pickup, single volume pot. Velcro was used to adhere thin plastic mounts to the body for pickup and volume pot.

1) The precut plastic nut is borderline acceptable, but strings 1 and 6 are not close enough to the edge of the neck. I should replace this with a bone nut, from the dog-chew bone that has supplied my nut blanks for years.

2) The trem works well with the 9s strings included with the kit. I was going to restring with 10s, but these play well, so leave it alone.

3) Single pickup might be all I need for most of the music I play.

4) Light-duty Velcro should work to hold a future pickguard and components; no screw holes in the body. I like the "holey" look, like EVH's guitar, but a pickguard may be better.

5) Tru-Oil works pretty well.

Mistakes: I slightly penetrated the center pickup cavity with one of the claw screws' holes. Woops. Hopefully it will hold. Also I drilled the 6 bridge screws into the trem cavity! Thin guitar body, and somewhat clueless assembler.

This was worth doing - it scratched my itch for a whammy-equipped guitar, for sure.

strat_v1a.jpg

crazydave911 likes this.
  2. crazydave911

crazydave911 Poster Extraordinaire

That's just begging for a tortoise shell pickguard. I even heard it from here :lol:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.