Musing on a Thanksgiving morning.

String Tree

Doctor of Teleocity
Best wishes to everyone at Thanksgiving. Our house was always the holiday destination. My wife and I hosted countless Thanksgivings, Christmas’, 4th of Julys, Easter’s, etc. My wife passed away almost 2 years ago and I have resumed hosting these holidays and have enjoyed bringing family together. The holidays are a wonderful family time and I hope that everyone is able to
Our House was all of that as well until our Parents became to frail to travel.
Our house has too many Stairs.
When Falling became a reality, we had to have them elsewhere.

Way to RAWK them Holidays!

Skyhook

Friend of Leo's
That seems like a nice surprise. I am glad you got the call. It should be great!

Our kids are in their teens and we are making them cook with us. Been in the kitchen all day, with tons of fighting and yelling. I would love it if they were cooking for us, somewhere else, and we could just show up, ask where the drinks are, and then eat. :)
Give it 15-20 years and you're there. :)

Colo Springs E

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Visiting my extended family in Tennessee, wife stayed home with hers. I don't really enjoy coming here, or the company of my family, with a couple exceptions. Its not that bad, but I look forward to heading back home to Colorado tomorrow.

SuprHtr

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Made me think how fragile it all really is. Enjoy every minute you are afforded. They are more important than you can imagine.
This was our lesson in the past year. We’ve now dodged a few bullets, for the time being, and we don’t dare become complacent. Our time together is more appreciated, although it sucks that you go through hell to learn this lesson.

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Great thanksgiving. Had my brother over, who has had many health issues past years.
Finally got him on some keys in the basement to jam with me. He loved it..
it has been over 5 years since he touched them.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I don’t know how your son passed, but I’ve seen you mention him a couple of times here. I’m sorry for your loss. I have one child and it is my greatest fear.

I myself am only 44 ( I feel young) but have been battling a stage 4 cancer diagnosis for about 3 1/2 years now, and am about to start another, new to me Type of chemo in the next couple of weeks and not looking forward to it, sometimes struggle with when to give up and stop fighting. I am in a lot of pain much of the time, but you know what? Life is sweet, even a life full of pain. and I want my kid to have me in their life for as long as possible, so I’m I’m going to fight as hard as I can for as long as I can.

I don’t know why life is so much shorter for some. I wish I had more of it. But I’ll take what I can. Those that remain feel the loss and the pain. What seems to connect the most as humans is love, pain, and loss. To price to love is high. Sorry to highjack your post, but just wanted to say happy holidays, and your son sounds like a great man.

Peace.
Thank you for your kind words. I am sorry, sorry, sorry, for you having to go through the treatment for cancer. I would offer this, my son succumbed to his battle with cancer after two long years. He fought valiantly as did his family, most notably his ten-year-old daughter who became an adult and looked after him. The family had a white board up, with the procedures they needed to do, everyone pitched in.

I would offer that had my son lived until a couple or three years ago, I think he might have made it. I have personal friends who have had advanced cancer who have been treated successfully. My wife's own little brother is at least at present from his rounds of chemo and radiation has been pronounced cancer free! It seems new ways to fight cancer are being found almost every day.

My sincerest regards to you and your family, though I don't personally know the effects of cancer, I have seen it up close, and I know it's devastating. You must be a strong man of heart and soul to have fought for three and a half years, don't give up now!

My son was a giving man, I have related tales about him here. Suffice to say, there were over 900 people at his funeral, I think the sheer number of people who came to pay their respects says a great deal about what kind of man he was. His wife has only now begun to see someone, and it's been almost nine years. She just could not move on because he was so big in her life, I am so thankful that at last she is finally going forward. Incidentally, that's exactly what he wanted for her, to be able to move on.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
The house has been a madhouse since my grand kids got here yesterday. Everyone is sleeping off all the good food now. Tomorrow will be another day of good chaos. I'm a lucky man. I was just reminded how much too. Earlier today a friend of mine sent out a group text to a bunch of us guys saying Happy Thanksgiving. We all just got a long text back from one friend who lost his 53 year old wife to cancer just a few months ago. He is really hurting today. I tried calling him, but got voicemail. Another friend texted me and said he talked to him. He is at his in laws with his daughter and he is okay. My friend said one of the things my friend said was that it was just last Thanksgiving he was sitting with her and their daughter enjoying Thanksgiving and everything was just fine. Made me think how fragile it all really is. Enjoy every minute you are afforded. They are more important than you can imagine.

My wife is not only a notorious back seat driver, but after recently getting her driver's license renewed claims, she has an endorsement to do so. We have been together close to 58 years, and I used to snap at her for her "help" when I was driving. Of late, I realize, most of the time she has been right, probably been responsible for avoiding more situations than I care to admit and is generally right about everything anyway! ;)

My point being, I have come to realize that this is just part of our routine together, and I would sorely miss it if she wasn't doing it. When I want to snap back, I refrain from doing so, because I'd sure as heck rather have her "helping" me every step of the way, than not! I am indeed thankful for my sweetie.