Musikraft necks recently?

Blue Bill

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I bought 2 Tele necks from Musikraft, zero complaints. I would certainly recommend them.

benjoseph

TDPRI Member
Pretty good my friend. I have a Musikraft Blackguard #4942 profile Roasted Birdseye Maple Premium 4A (Bloody mouthful) on my partscaster.

b0OcJEk.jpg

illinismitty

TDPRI Member
I was the Fretguy for 13 years. Had to move on to my own thing eventually. Love them all dearly but times definitely changed. Had they have utilized my skills to the upmost of ability I’m sure it would have been different. Most companies hold an Exit interview to find out what what went wrong . Seems they were happy to see me go. 13 years of service and they didn’t bat an eyelid of there only fret guy leaving. What a waste of years is all I can think now to be honest.

That stinks. Any employee with that many years deserves better treatment on their way out (excluding the obvious exceptions). Not even a small going away party? I probably got one of the last few necks you did before leaving. Fret work was spot on.

Good luck with the new path. Working for yourself is much more enjoyable anyway. Did that about 11 years ago and I will never work for anyone again (unless the pay was double what I make with a nice severance package in writing).

vinyldiscman

TDPRI Member
The virus thing kinda ended it a week ahead of time so who knows maybe they woulda did something. We will never know. Haha. Still I had a lot of good memories I will keep. Some not so good but hey life pulls in different directions sometimes.

jay4321

Tele-Meister
Late to the party here but sorry to hear the news, rough times all around.

If it makes you feel even a little better the necks I have on order have both blown past their current 8-10 week guesstimates. My understanding is that Warmoth had a massive influx of orders during the closure so I'd assume so did MK as well so I can wait, but hopefully the products are worth the wait. I do respectable fretwork and can fix little things but we'll see.

2manyteles

Tele-Meister
I'm waiting on a couple of necks.
I'll report back once I get them.
Never had problems with them. I always work the the necks a bit- edges, fret levelling, finishing- but the basic product has always been excellent.

Sorry to hear of your poor treatment, @vinyldiscman
Was always impressed by the fretwork.

vinyldiscman

TDPRI Member
Late to the party here but sorry to hear the news, rough times all around.

If it makes you feel even a little better the necks I have on order have both blown past their current 8-10 week guesstimates. My understanding is that Warmoth had a massive influx of orders during the closure so I'd assume so did MK as well so I can wait, but hopefully the products are worth the wait. I do respectable fretwork and can fix little things but we'll see.

vinyldiscman

TDPRI Member
It’s all good. I had to split off from them eventually it was just how it was meant to be. I got buried in custom orders also especially from the start of the pandemic.

Fender-guy

Tele-Holic
Pretty good my friend. I have a Musikraft Blackguard #4942 profile Roasted Birdseye Maple Premium 4A (Bloody mouthful) on my partscaster.

b0OcJEk.jpg

I know this is a old thread but it’s recently spent a small fortune on a quarter sawn 5a flame roasted maple with the aged oil finish. What finish is this? It looks so good!

Blue Bill

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
It's impossible to tell from these photos. I would guess Tru-oil or something similar, based on the dark/light contrast.

Fender-guy

Tele-Holic
The reason I ask is because I chose for neck finish options, the aged oil. I would love it if that’s the aged oil finish.

Squall333

TDPRI Member
Just bought a neck from them in March and it finally arrived last week, however it was supposed to be a two piece with indian rosewood and it was 1 piece maple. Then they rush ordered a new one and it came a week later and looks like this
tjSVGq7
tjSVGq7.jpg

I ordered it with all vintage specs and they said that definitely indian rosewood even though it looks just like the Pau Ferro on their website. And they said it would darken with age
LQUz1fZ.jpg

LQUz1fZ

Sax-son

Friend of Leo's
I like Musikraft products, but they are not as great as everyone likes to make them out to be. Warmoth is still good, but they are getting too expensive now. The problem for these shops is that now there is too much demand for them to continue good quality. I will be curtailing my partscaster builds until things start to balance out. Quality plus value is essential to me.

GregSt

TDPRI Member
I know this is a old thread but it’s recently spent a small fortune on a quarter sawn 5a flame roasted maple with the aged oil finish. What finish is this? It looks so good!
Sorry to resurrect this thread, @Fender-guy are you able to post some pics of this neck? I’m about to put in an order with Musiktsft for a roasted 3A flamed Maple neck, but can’t decide on which shade of oil to get - natural/amber/aged oil, I don’t want it to be too dark and cannot find any examples of their oil finishes on roasted necks.

Fender-guy

Tele-Holic
Sorry to resurrect this thread, @Fender-guy are you able to post some pics of this neck? I’m about to put in an order with Musiktsft for a roasted 3A flamed Maple neck, but can’t decide on which shade of oil to get - natural/amber/aged oil, I don’t want it to be too dark and cannot find any examples of their oil finishes on roasted necks.

Well I went with the aged oil but had it sent to MJT to finish in clear nitro. They did a subpar job so I stripped it and finished it myself in a amber tint. So it got a little darker.

Straight from MJT, last 2 pics so the dirt stuck on the fretboard
61220ABE-791A-433C-B047-8F88D3844FF7.jpeg
445358BF-5874-443C-9CD2-22727070B2F5.jpeg
83BE3DEB-A219-440B-B127-F8261A9F0580.jpeg
6E672A62-A9A6-4958-83B7-F1C8F2B28C87.jpeg

Then this is it stripped back to what I’d assume is the aged oil

DACD1897-0BD2-4363-84C6-3CC8004F023A.jpeg
3D320044-A4EA-468A-93AE-F65266AFD9F2.jpeg
2B9521AA-183D-42C6-9D64-D940F82692AE.jpeg

My handy work but with a light amber tint.
14FD8146-5EC7-40D9-BB1A-B10E5D74C4A6.jpeg
D2E00AF5-A739-4301-92ED-AA7FE13BA482.jpeg

Either way Musikraft said to me that no two necks will be identical due to the roasting process. So the clear coat clear or aged may still be light or dark. Good luck getting any pics before the clear coat goes on. They told me they’re to busy, I’ll get a notification when it’s being shipped. I didn’t get any pics until it was sent to MJT. No progress pics or anything.

GregSt

TDPRI Member
@Fender-guy, thanks for that, appreciate the pics. I’m thinking I’ll go with their amber tint oil.

Just wish I could see some examples of their roasted maple with their different oil finishes.

Fender-guy

Tele-Holic
@Fender-guy, thanks for that, appreciate the pics. I’m thinking I’ll go with their amber tint oil.

Just wish I could see some examples of their roasted maple with their different oil finishes.

Yeah I had to take a chance because I was in the same boat. No reference pics at all. Kinda weird really.