Musikraft necks recently?

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by klasher, May 11, 2019.

1. klasher

klasher Tele-Holic

Anybody order a replacement neck from Musikraft recently? Have you been happy with the product/service?

2. heffus

heffus Tele-Holic

Yep, all good as usual.

Attached Files:

3. EsquireOK

EsquireOK Friend of Leo's

They had been my go-to for some time, but I have found them harder to deal with in recent years. They have shifted largely to O.E.M. work, discontinued products and options (including ebony boards – WTF?), stopped doing so much custom work, etc.

Now, I try to get what I need at Guitar Mill, and if I can't, then I go to Musikraft. That means all bass necks I get come from Musikraft, as Guitar Mill does not make them. I actually have a single-piece maple neck on order from Musikraft as I type...but three guitar necks on order from Guitar Mill. All would be from Guitar Mill if they made bass necks.

4. klasher

klasher Tele-Holic

So on Musikraft's site they say they no longer do full lacquer finishing, but they still offer aged oil finishing with two coats of clear oil handrubbed over that. Will a neck finished that way need to be further sealed after it's delivered to me?

5. ladave

ladave Tele-Holic

Yep, a bass, a strat completed and a tele on order. I like them.

6. etype

etype Tele-Afflicted

I had gotten a couple of USACG necks that arrived noticeably larger than specified. So I just got a Musikraft neck (arrived about a month ago). Size is spot on and the thin lacquer sealer feels great. I have no plan to add more finish, but I wouldn't know what to add if I did. The website interface isn't super satisfying, but it got the job done.

PeterUK and ladave like this.
  7. TeleTown

TeleTown Friend of Leo's

Ive been buying from Musikraft for 12 yrs. or maybe more. I haven't had not one single problem or concern. I always get what I order.

8. ladave

ladave Tele-Holic

I got the thin lacquer sealer on my first 2 necks and finished with several coats of clear lacquer aerosols from stew mac. Started with tinted clear to get desired color then finished with regular clear. Came out great.

Also I got both necks with holes drilled and fitted to Warmoth bodies with holes also predrilled and the fit was perfect. Better than I have see on Fender factory quitars which I don't quite understand.

etype likes this.
  9. Ryan22Minor

Ryan22Minor NEW MEMBER!

Really like the look of those necks! what finish did you have put on them? Im goin for something similar

10. heffus

heffus Tele-Holic

I used pure tung oil. Takes a while to fully dry but feels really nice.

11. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Sounds ready to go. Sounds nice, too.

12. cyberglad

cyberglad TDPRI Member

checked Guitar Mill website, apparently a neck with all my fav options, is actually more expensive than a Musikraft neck with the same specs (SS frets, compound radius). $564 vs $380. Is it normal or am I missing smth?

13. EsquireOK

EsquireOK Friend of Leo's

What specs are you talking about? Guitar Mill is a bit pricier, but usually not $180 pricier.

14. bobk

bobk Tele-Meister

Recently bought one for a parts caster project, it was EXACTLY what I wanted, very happy with it!

Norrin Radd likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.