Musician Buddies Always Needing to Borrow Gear

ClashCityTele

Friend of Leo's
I would lend something to a band mate to get through a gig, but not to a friend to take away & return 'whenever'.
I'm much happier lending pedals/amps than guitars.
All my friends have so much gear they have to sneak new stuff through the back door to avoid divorce (myself included).

Peter Random

TDPRI Member
I don’t loan gear or let people use my stuff, I have been burned in the past. The only exception: I played for years in an established band where the other members had their own gear and they never needed to borrow anything. If one of them had showed up to a gig and suddenly realized that they had left their bag of guitar cables at home, or if we were mid-gig and something happened, then I would’ve loaned them whatever was required to get through the gig. However, I had played with all of them long enough to know that they weren’t mooches. Otherwise , I expect musicians to provide their own gear.
Its surprisingly How few guitars some aertists seems to take with them. Here is Eric Clapton. One Fender Telecaster and maybe 2 Stratocasters for a tour in 1987
F584642E-BCF6-4C2F-9C78-AD5C2E3F3721.png

Attachments

• 11F73595-E0B5-4D7D-AD6F-B697E365B243.png
    11F73595-E0B5-4D7D-AD6F-B697E365B243.png
    647.6 KB · Views: 1

Wenanderyo

TDPRI Member
People like that i try to spark an interest in the technical part, try and show how simple it can be when they just understand its not black magic to learn where a pickups leads goes on various parts of a tone / volume pot ...even better Basics in soldering would be great, difference in good solderjoint vs a cold

Wound_Up

Tele-Afflicted
I don't have gear anyone would want to borrow. And I don't know other musicians who, would ask to borrow it anyway. If I did, I'd treat it like Songbirds treated Duane Allman's SG when they let Warren Haynes play a gig with it for the first time in 40+ years. :lol: