1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Musical ideas to break you out of that rut!

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by McGlamRock, Jan 17, 2021.

1. McGlamRock

McGlamRock Poster Extraordinaire

I had a great improv teacher when I was younger. He gave me this list of musical ideas & devices we like to hear when listening to people improvise. This paper talks about soloing in the 'jazz style', but I think it is applicable everywhere where improvisation is concerned.
    I also think one needs only a minimal understanding of music theory for this list to be helpful. Every time I feel uninspired and can't think of anything good to play; after I read this, something imaginative always comes to mind. E833391E-59F2-4F31-9384-DBEC5322C57D.jpeg

2. McGlamRock

McGlamRock Poster Extraordinaire

I think the last part is perhaps the most important:

NO, WE CAN'T THINK OF ALL THIS WHILE PLAYING. THINK WHEN YOU PRACTICE. ENJOY WHILE YOU PLAY.

3. klasaine

klasaine Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Or, as one of my teachers used to say, "practice the method, perform the result".

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.