Music suggestions: wedding reception (dinner +)

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by sean79, Sep 30, 2021.

1. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Friend of Leo's

Do you (or anyone involved) have a iPhone or similar? If so just subscribe to Amazon Music. They used to offer a free trial (90 days, 30 days, something like that). They have playlists on there for weddings, dinner music, etc. Just plug your phone (or connect via Bluetooth) to the PA or whatever. Seriously. I DJed a wedding once using this. And you can use their playlists as-is or customize, add, delete songs…in advance and on the fly as requests come in.

sean79 likes this.
  2. sean79

sean79 Poster Extraordinaire

Didn’t know Amazon Music has pre-built playlists. Thanks. My son has Spotify, but I didn’t know he could download - and then play without internet connectivity. That might help a lot. He’ll be in town tomorrow, and I will check it out.

3. JL_LI

JL_LI Poster Extraordinaire

The problem with background music during dinner is that no matter what you pick, 20% will like it, 40% will find it tolerable, and 40% will be polite enough not to tell you their honest opinion of it. Understanding that, there’s only one think that’s important. It’s dinner. People don’t want to shout across the table. 100% will appreciate being able to have a normal dinner table conversation.

Maybe being 71 having been a guest at more weddings than I can remember influences my opinion. Good that you have a band for dancing. The latest lunacy where I live is a 120dB DJ spinning hip hop non stop at a bar mitzvah. I don’t wear my hearing aids. I wear ear plugs. Conversation? It’s too loud to talk to myself.

sean79 likes this.
  4. Lone_Poor_Boy

Lone_Poor_Boy Tele-Holic

Light jazz at a low volume always works. I do it all the time during the food period at home or at a function. It's the perfect mixer.

And then we go and get stupid.

sean79 and JL_LI like this.
  5. Zoso420

Zoso420 Tele-Meister

Can't go wrong with Rust in Peace by Megadeth

sean79 likes this.
  6. bcorig

bcorig Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Lost in the 909 trying to find my way home
    First dance

sean79 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.