Music-Related Mementos

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by staxman, Aug 12, 2019.

1. staxman

staxman Tele-Holic

Man oh man! Detroit is one of my remaining musical destinations we desperately want to visit now that I'm retired. You got the inside track dude--thanks for sharing!

pulteney and Mike Eskimo like this.
  2. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Let me know when you do.

Most of it is in the past and, even though a first time visitor would not notice, the actual downtown area is night and day compared to what it was even 15 years ago. I’d go as far as to say it’s about as cleaned up as Manhattan compared to what it was.

But music history and its standing as a music town? It stacks up against any city you can think of.

pulteney and staxman like this.
  3. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity

Kiss , all issued guitar picks, set list, Gene Simmon"s Mic cover with Kabuki Make up and Fake blood & song list , I also have his towel from the concert ,Use it for my equipment covers, told Eric singer " to quit pissing around with that drum kit and load into my truck and drive it to my house", then walked away in time to hear him tell me to perform an unnatural act upon my self, then busted in to laughter once he realized what i said , later that day he made a point of comming over to me and introduce himself , we talked for 40 minutes , super guy.

P1011627.JPG

I didnt work this concert but that is David Gilmour's guitar pick in the center of the others

P1011630.JPG

ZZtops staff wristband and yes that is Billy Gibbons guitar pick from the concert ( I got a really good one on one with Billy's Equipment set up, so cool)

P1011632.JPG

Jason Bonham fantastic show , well thought out he had 8 of his dads antique drums sets for the concert and would do video jams with his dad live all for charity nice guy as well.

Collective Soul greast guys to work for cut the arena in Half they dont like large audiences , excellant show

P1011634.JPG
    Black Crows excellant show musicially one of the best.The skins and the sticks from that show with the Back stage pass, on the back the set list and Itinerary for the concert run , Matt Mayes and Torpedo were the opener , their set list as well got to meet Kate Hudson at the concert i talked to her for about 20 min , nice lady ( cute as hell, looks like her mom but very tiny lady )

Heart , after set up, Did lights for the show had Anne Wilson's follow spot, wrist band , set list ,back stage pass, snare skin, fun show

P1011748.JPG
    Back stage pass for John Fogerty good show but John was very illusive ( I respect the man profusely but was never a Credence fan)

Toby Keith, aww yes, Toby Kieth , his arogance is only matched by his freindship with Ted Nugent, ( need I say more) so much I could say here but not all good , How ever, i got to work with Sammy Bones the on road Guitar tech for acts like Cinderella , brilliant man , I got up and personal with the guitars and there were sone gorgeous units , the purlpe wrist band was for when I worked with Sammy , the green was when I was re assigned to work for lighting to which Sammy had me pulled back to help him Back stage pass, all guitar pick from the show

P1011633.JPG

lots of crew tee shirts , from Bob Dylan , BOB treated us so well it was impressive, Alice cooper came out and met each of us after the show to thank us personally, Allan Jackson, Nickelback, Billy Talent, Headley so much more ..... I gave some of the memorabilia to my kid that has it framed on her wall

Johnny Winter just before his passing a cherished concert for sure,

JW K.JPG

Slip Kid likes this.
  4. rocks2oldies

rocks2oldies TDPRI Member

As promised the Beatles Concert Program...Skip first two cause they repeat. 7 total, some I left out. From the 60s 1.jpg 2.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

5. Slip Kid

Slip Kid Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

If that was at all possible I would gladly take it out of the frame a personally drive it to the lab!

staxman likes this.
  6. Stratwrangler

Stratwrangler Tele-Meister

Oh its possible they just don't want us to know its possible , they did it with those kittens from a woman who's cat died so why not a human , :cool:

7. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire

Nothing.

I have taken pictures, I keep them for a month, then delete them.

I've gotten picks and stuff at shows, keep them for a month, then either use them, throw them out, or give them away.

I am just not a collector. I am not sentimental about "stuff".

I had a Corvette checkbook cover and Corvette playing cards from when my Dad passed (2001). I gave them to my nephew when he was in a "Corvette phase" a few years ago. He appreciated them - it was just stuff filling up my house to me. I was just waiting for someone who would appreciate it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.