Multiple Teles- Why?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by bravescoob, May 2, 2019.

1. HMZman

HMZman NEW MEMBER!

I have an American 2015 HH and would love to get a traditional American Tele.

2. DrPepper

DrPepper Tele-Afflicted

I need a baritone...

3. Dismalhead

Dismalhead Poster Extraordinaire

I've been building guitars for the past couple of years. Each guitar I've made has a different combination of pickups, controls, hardware, neck dimensions, etc. so each has a unique tone and character of it's own. I've got three Teles right now, each sounds very different from the other. One is set up vintage, one has hot pickups, and the other is a Cabronita. Right now I'm building a dual-P90 Strat, 'cause I don't have a dual P90 guitar at the moment.

Jim_in_PA likes this.
  4. Vognell

Vognell Tele-Meister

There are major differences between the Standard Telecaster, Thinline telecaster, '72 Telecaster Thinline, and Tele Custom (Classic, Classic semihollow, Humbucking Semi Hollow, Solid w/ humbuckers) that can justify owning one of each, if you have the resources and you can make use of the different types of tones you get out of them.

We can go further afield and include the Cabronita Telecasters with Fideletron pickups, or the Nashville telecasters with the three way pickup arrangement similar to a strat (but different).

You can even make arguments for one with p90 pickups (I like them... but they are not that unique sounding compared to other p90 loaded solid bodies), or noiseless pickups (I'm dropping an old set of Lace sensors into a Nashville-style tele sometime this week), or the newer Fishman Fluence Pickups (check out the Reverend Greg Koch Signature) for what might be one of the coolest T-type configs yet.

5. coolidge

coolidge Tele-Meister

I avoided Tele's for 56 years, now I can't stop shopping for them. (face palm) I blame YOU forum Tele gas instigators, you know who you are!!

6. SixgunElectric

SixgunElectric TDPRI Member

Oh, its really simple...
    If you just dig the Tele the most (and why not?)....ya' gotta have your #1, and THEN others for your slide tunings.
    ;)

bravescoob likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.