Multiple Teles- Why?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by bravescoob, May 2, 2019.

1. TeleTex82

TeleTex82 Friend of Leo's

I love Reverend guitars, and have been thinking about adding one. I played the Reverend Greg Koch tele Yesterday AND it was honestly one of the best guitars I've played in a while.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

bravescoob, DHart and Chino like this.
  2. Uncle Butch

Uncle Butch Tele-Meister

American Deluxe, Tele, AVRI '52 Hot Rod Tele, and a James Burton Tele, they all play different and sound different. A mechanic can't work with just one wrench now can he? Squeir LE Bullet Tele being shipped right now, I need something to mod.

bravescoob and Chino like this.
  3. Chino

Chino Tele-Meister

If you’re not dead set on a Tele style Reverend, check out the Double Agent OG on youtube. Gorgeous, chimey tone. Bridge bucker and neck P90. It’s one of, if not the best seller. Or the Charger 290, same guitar but 2 P90s. And I highly recommend the roasted maple neck. Reverends are probably the best bang for your buck out there. S Korea made, so high quality for less $.

bravescoob likes this.
  4. guitarmoron

guitarmoron Tele-Meister

you have to have at least 2, one in open-G all the time

bravescoob and Skamania like this.
  5. Chino

Chino Tele-Meister

Yeah I want a 3d Tele for blues. Heard some Fralin blues Tele pups that sound awesome. Blues Specials, I think.

6. Obelisk

Obelisk Tele-Afflicted

I currently own a half dozen Tele type guitars. I have one that is a standard pickup arrangement with a 4 way switch. I own two Tele Customs that use Wide Range Humbuckers(WRHB). They both have different bridge pickups, fingerboard materials and tunings. I also have a Tele Deluxe and Tele Thinline that both have WRHB. They both sound different as a result. I also have a mid 90's Tele Jr which is a set neck, mahogany bodied Telecaster that is chambered. It has super hot P-90 pickups and sounds completely different than the others. Some people collect dolls or stamps, I collect pedals, amps and guitars.

Chino and bravescoob like this.
  7. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 Tele-Afflicted

This and even if they have same pickups theres a reason to have em

DHart and tery like this.
  8. gridlock

gridlock Friend of Leo's

Number 1-3, because you can, because you can afford it, and because you want more than one Telecaster.

I own a ‘52 AVRI Telecaster that I never plan on selling, but I’d still like to own a Highway One Telecaster for every day use (love this jumbo frets), and i would also like to own a vintage ‘60’s-‘70’s Telecaster with a Rosewood neck someday.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    Chino and Skamania like this.
  9. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Afflicted

I like them, I like the different characters, I buy them... (second hand). I love the hunt for a nice tele... ;-)

Some people like drinking beer until they get drunk... others love riding their bike or do rock climbing... Some love to listen to music, some like to write music, some like to play it... I like a lot of things, collecting telecasters is just one of them.. .;-)

Skamania likes this.
  10. 65 Champ Amp

65 Champ Amp Tele-Afflicted

I had two Teles, and two Strats. So I gutted one of the Strats, wired it up with Tele controls and two pickups. A medium wound Benson P90 in the neck, and a hotter wound Benson Tele bridge pickup to help even out the balance. Tele setup makes a better Strat.

bravescoob likes this.
  11. hrstrat57

hrstrat57 Tele-Afflicted

Need 2 Telecasters so you can rip off the chubby string on top and leave that one in open G tuning.

Open G tuning is Telecaster mandatory

Skamania likes this.
  12. gimmeatele

gimmeatele Tele-Meister

Because after years of not being able to afford too, I now can it's as simple as that for me, I have taken care of family, home etc and gone without, now I can finally indulge myself

csapo, gridlock, Skamania and 2 others like this.
  13. DHart

DHart Friend of Leo's

Different colors - indeed, that’s plenty reason enough! I resemble that remark. :lol:

[​IMG]

14. SlightReturn

SlightReturn TDPRI Member

I have been really lucky in my time playing to have, at one point or another, owned most of my “dream guitars” or have played them. I have come to the conclusion that I really only want to play Tele’s now. I sold virtually all my gear over the last three years and a non-playing friend of mine couldn’t understand why I sold a guitar which I had said was “the best guitar I’ve ever played” and kept my Tele. All I could explain to her was that “I know Die Hard isn’t the best movie ever made, it’s just my favourite.”
    In terms of electric guitars, I’m sure at some point, if finances allow a splurge, I’ll get another Gretsch. But what I really want first is another couple of Tele’s, mainly so I can put a couple of different sets of pickups in them. They just suit me. Or I suit them.

Skamania and Flaneur like this.
  15. scudgebucket

scudgebucket Tele-Meister

A telecaster is a blank canvas. They are highly customizable for the look and sound. If you like picasso paintings, its good to have one, but 10 is better. I own 10 teles and they all sound different, look different, feel different.

Skamania, SlightReturn and DHart like this.
  16. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Afflicted

We need multiple teles to fill the closet...:)

kastje.jpg

but to be honest.. This one is completely filled by now, but there's always another closet... :D:cool:;):lol:

Jim_in_PA, Chino, csapo and 5 others like this.
  17. TokyoPortrait

TokyoPortrait Tele-Holic

Hi.

I have one Tele. That's all I feel like I need.

But, that could change.

Long as no one is getting hurt or neglected or deprived, have at it I say.

Pax/
    Dean

18. beagle

beagle Friend of Leo's

I the Tele just to keep the Strats on their best behaviour.

Chino likes this.
  19. Old Deaf Roadie

Old Deaf Roadie Tele-Holic

Considering what a Tele can do & be, to me the answer is simple.
    This one is my #1, that one is for slide, the one over there has humbuckers, the one on the wall has a 4 way switch, another one looks cool, it's sister jas P90's, or different capacitor, or..., or..., or...
    It is much to easy to acquire multiple Teles. The longer you are around them, the more you "need". I think it is either Leo's sick joke from the grave, or an unintended consequence of an incredibly versatile design..

20. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

can't change back and forth from wounds to flats on the same guitar

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.