1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Muchxs Morpheus Owners Club, LLC

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by Marshall_Stack, Apr 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marshall_Stack

Marshall_Stack Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

A club dedicated to the pursuit of sonic convergence - the meld of tube, speaker and Telecaster - purposed through the Muchxs Morpheus Monster. Like the Drones Club without all the English accents. What ho Squiffy!

Sorry. Got a little Python/Jeeves and Woosterish there for a sec.

First rule of morpheus club - don't ask the amp builder to tell you every secret he spent a lifetime discovering.

You have to take the final exam - you do your own work - you don't get the answer sheet. OK? The man is trying to make a living building bodacious amps.

Rule 2: no posting shots of the chassis.

Rule 3: there is NO rule 3.

Rule 4: No whining. Or whinging. Depending on which side of the pond you're on.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  2. PumpJockey

PumpJockey Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Never needs winding, never needs winding...

3. PumpJockey

[​IMG]

I have a draft of a manual, based on written instructions from much and a few back and forths thereafter. I am not going to distribute it without his say-so, however. I believe it incorporates the changes he made between mine and the more recent ones. (Just some switches moved.)

My control panel looks like this.

[​IMG]

4. Marshall_Stack

Mine is slightly different - other than the righteous color - I will get a picture after work.

I should go back and put the rules of Morpheus Club in the first post.

I also went ahead and incorporated us while I was at it.

The bar light is on.

5. PumpJockey

Does yours have a jewel light made from a genuine sapphire? A leather strap made from the tanned hide of an extinct species? Electrical components from a de-commissioned NORAD station above the Arctic Circle?

Just wondering...

6. gwjensen

gwjensen Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

'Scuse me while I brag a little. I'm the proud owner of the original prototype. I sent Much a 10 watt head to mod into a blackface-toned amp and he returned it with not only great blackface tones, but a switch that bypasses the tone stack and turns it into fire breathing tweed, along with the concentric treble/bass tone knobs that are so damn cool. The Morpheus grew out of that design, incorporating some additional switches, but it started with that project. I'm SO proud, even though I had nothing to do with the design. It's not a full fledged Morpheus, but maybe I can squeak into the club anyway. That was my second amp (after his now classic Champ) and I have a third in the makings - a tweed deluxe. He definitely does great work!

7. Big_Bend

Big_Bend Poster Extraordinaire

I'm in! I'm so happy and proud to be a part of the muchxs morpheus club!

Last December I sent Eric my 69 Princeton Reverb chasis, and a few weeks later he returned this incredible beauty -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pull the Bass knob out and the Morpheus mod kicks in, I swear it channels tone that will burn the beard off of Billy Gibbons. This amp just freekin' smokes its so hot... and its so unbelievably mojo cool too. It does it all, the perfect amp in every way. I now own the best Princeton Reverb in all of Texas, and probably all the other states combined too, and I owe it all to muchxs and the great work he does.

Thanks again Eric! You are da man! :D

ce24, tintag27 and billybarool like this.
  8. PumpJockey

That one knocked my socks off when you first posted it. I play my Morpheus everyday and it is the test bench for every guitar build I complete.

9. Marshall_Stack

Ummmm - yeah of course. a-duh :rolleyes:

10. Marshall_Stack

We will bring up your application at the next executive board meeting. But your sure got the lingo down.

11. Marshall_Stack

RULE NUMBER SIX

All members must use the phrase "pissed off blackface" as frequently as possible. Particularly when completely inappropriate. Such as:
    "Your tone is indeed most bodacious, Most Holy Father, but I prefer the sound of a pissed off blackface, Your Holiness."

12. Marshall_Stack

I was too busy playing the thing to take any pictures this weekend.
    A common Morpheus club issue.

13. muchxs

muchxs Doctor of Teleocity

SsssssssshhhHHHH! The Feds will want their parts back. :D

One of the few benefits of living this far north is abandoned military installations chock full vintage electronics. That, and the nicely preserved woolly mammoths that occasionally emerge from the permafrost.

They're delicious! :D

The politically correct term is "Pissed Off Black Panel". :lol:

Girlfriend explained this to me. Several times. :rolleyes:

14. AndreDanican

AndreDanican Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

I just joined this club today. I picked up my Morpheus from the man himself at an undisclosed, secret location. This amp has amazing tones and is very sensitive to play. I've been walking around sporting a pissed off blackface for the last few hours and can hardly stop. I can't wait to get home and plug in my 335 and my Telecaster!

15. Millebern

Millebern Tele-Meister

Congrats on your amp AndreDanican. I've got one on order- can't wait! Cheers!

16. PumpJockey

Well, actually you do have to wait. All those components have to simmer in a special gumbo solution for at least 90 days. Then there is all the trudging through the Great North Woods looking for the perfect cabinet wood tree, a species most people don't even know exists. (There are several varieties, each with its own distinctive Tolex-like bark.)

And of course, the final mojo-ification during the dark of the moon.

So...

17. AndreDanican

AndreDanican Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

Millebern, where are you in Canada? Maybe you'd like to pop in to Montreal and see my new baby?

18. Millebern

Millebern Tele-Meister

Hi AndreDanican. I'd love to see your baby and hopefully I can show you mine when it gets here. I only live a hop, step and a jump from you. I'm in Cornwall, On about an hour away on the 401. My wife is from Repentigny so we make it out that way quite often. So how are you liking the amp so far? Keep us posted. Cheers!

19. Millebern

Millebern Tele-Meister

To Pump-Jockey- Your explanation really put things into perspective. I always thought tolex was some kind of synthetic material. I had no idea it was a special bark from a tree.

20. PumpJockey

;)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.