Moving.........

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by studio1087, Jul 21, 2021.

1. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

My condo is sold. I have to be out on August 9. I have made crazy offers on 3 homes and I've been outbid 3 times. Real estate here seems to be insane. I lived in the condo for 10 months and made 20k. selling which is nice. When you go to buy it works the other way (you get screwed).

Today I made an offer on an older home that has a new roof, new siding, new paint inside, new furnace, new water heater, new thermostats, new carpeting, and a brand new 3 car garage styled to match the house. The real estate agent says we can never close by the 9th but she believes that I would be allowed to use the big garage as storage for my furniture until closing at which time the furniture could all be moved into the home. If there is a 10 day gap I can stay at my mom's or in hotels using my expense account. I'm in hotels now every other night.

This is coming down to bare wire to the point that a nervous breakdown would be in order. While packing the condo I still have to manage 12 great sales engineers by day. Ahhahhahhahhah. :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's old and nice inside. It's stately inside. The neighborhood has lots of tudor homes with nice landscaping. The garage would house both of my kayaks and my kayak trailer and all my tools.

I feel like a nervous bird on a wire. This place is 12 minutes from my new office and warehouse.

Every time that I get a personal email in the next 4 days I may may poop myself.

Loving the new job. Freaking about the move. Life goes on.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    Steve Holt, catdaddy, sotob and 31 others like this.
  2. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Ad Free Member

Best of luck man!

studio1087 likes this.
  3. Jeru

Jeru Tele-Holic

Wishing you all the best. If this doesn’t work out, something will. I don’t know you except up here, but I do know that you are wicked smart and resourceful — You will be okay, and you will find a way to make it work.

studio1087 likes this.
  4. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

you could turn half of that garage into a ....studio.

5. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Telefied Ad Free Member

Good luck, hope it all goes well.

studio1087 likes this.
  6. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

You got this!

studio1087 likes this.
  7. posttoastie

posttoastie Tele-Afflicted

Looks like a nice little piece of paradise. Good Luck !

studio1087 likes this.
  8. HotRodSteve

HotRodSteve Poster Extraordinaire

Same situation here. I could sell my house that I bought a year ago at a nice profit, but good luck finding another house where I want to go. Somebody is buying up all the houses.

nojazzhere and studio1087 like this.
  9. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

Deep breaths...

studio1087 likes this.
  10. Deeve

Deeve Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Congrats on these Cadillac problems - I needed to re-frame a bit of my worries last week. More than one thing was not going my way (still isn't) then I remembered a distinct sound of no gunfire on my route home, confidence that Mrs Deeve would be steaming tamales or something else delicious and no word from my kid at college, meaning she's "got everything under control" and I compared that to a bud who just had a golf-ball sized tumor removed from his brain.
    Standing upright, speaking clearly and hearing me fully, he said he's not worrying about the stuff he used to, six weeks ago.
    Wondering why?

Congrats on the new horizons.
    Be kind to me when I make that move and fuss about details.
    Peace - Deeve

11. Jim_in_PA

Jim_in_PA Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Yea, the market for homes in the "hot" price ranges is enormously frustrating. We lost...six...before scoring this one by throwing big money at it. We were fortunate to be able to buy before selling because we knew that we didn't want to get into a situation where we had no appropriate place to live if we had to move before we were successful buying. I still had to rent a storage solution for most of my woodworking material as I'm temporarily in the "garage" for a temporary shop until I can get a building build. (And our old property has not sold yet...it's a unique place that's not in the "hot" price rance, so it's taking more time)

I hope your offer is accepted!!

studio1087 likes this.
  12. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Poster Extraordinaire

Exciting times. Enjoy them as best you can, routine is right around the corner.

13. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

nice crib.

just remember, when you are worried about stuff... act like John Shaft.

WWJS do?

he'd be cool.

14. Deathray

Deathray Tele-Afflicted

Wow. Scary, exciting, scary! Breathe deep. Congratulations on the new home!

studio1087 likes this.
  15. Old Plank

Old Plank Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Good luck with this! Looks like a real nice home, and oh to have a garage!

studio1087 likes this.
  16. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

I lived out of a moving truck and slept in a sleeping bag in the living room of a friend’s house for weeks during a transition like this. Oddly, it became a funny episode in my memory. Hang in there. You can do it.

Telekarster and studio1087 like this.
  17. Skully

Skully Doctor of Teleocity

I tell my family they have cop "The Attitude" as espoused by Damone in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High." You can't care if they come, stay, lay or pray. No matter what happens, your toes are still tappin'.

18. Ricky D.

Ricky D. Doctor of Teleocity

I was the Ops VP for a decent sized moving company in DC for over 25 years. 15 +/- crews on the street locally every day. That is a lot of moves, a lot of real estate transactions in the back ground. I’ve been involved in a lot of situations that started out just like this, a short gap between vacating the old house and occupying the new.

The best solution is to have your movers hold your stuff on the truck. That makes it one move, not two. Movers will charge something for tying up the truck, but it’s cheaper than paying for two moves. Your belongings are professionally padded and stowed on the truck, and you and the movers control your property during the gap period. The movers will be accountable for condition and missing items.

There’s no guarantee your closing will happen as scheduled. The potential problems are all hypothetical now, but if something happens that blows up the deal or postpones it, you need to have control of your property. What happens if the house burns down, or the seller is suddenly incapacitated? What somebody breaks into the garage? There are other potential deal breakers as well. I’ve seen these things happen. You’ll sleep better if you have a contingency plan. Make sure your property is safe and you a neck to put your hands around if the unexpected happens.

19. carpenter

carpenter Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Good luck. I am on the wind down on the work to my house then it hits the market.

studio1087 likes this.
  20. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

Buy an RV and glam camp until the market improves as a buyer. I know several folks that have done this. They have a place to stay and can travel if they wish. At least they have a roof over their heads

Telekarster, studio1087 and dougstrum like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.