Movies that make you quick to laff.

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
200 (3).gif

SneakyPup

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
My wife and I had a few chuckles today watching Buster Keaton's The General.

Spoiler alert. Planning to hide his sweetheart in a gunny sack, he sneaks up to the army's transportation and shipping area, and steals a sack. Returning to his sweetheart, he empties the sack for her, spilling a load of shoes of various types. While helping her get in the sack, he works hurriedly. When he looks down, he sees that his shoe seems to have fallen off near the pile of shoes he had just dumped out. The viewer instantly gets the joke, and we don't really need to see how he tries to find his shoe in the pile of all the shoes.

In the span of 15 minutes, my wife and I laughed frequently. And were always smiling.

What are some favorite laff-inducing movies and scenes? Just movies is fine. It is difficult to explain scenes via text.

Anchorman
Taladega Nights
What about Bob
The Man with Two Brains
The Jerk
Dr. Stranglove
Liar Liar

SneakyPup

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
An uneven movie but some very funny scenes by Peter Sellers pretending to be a movie director to stage a heist. "After the Fox"

oregomike

Tele-Afflicted

Spoiler alert. Planning to hide his sweetheart in a gunny sack, he sneaks up to the army's transportation and shipping area, and steals a sack. Returning to his sweetheart, he empties the sack for her, spilling a load of shoes of various types. While helping her get in the sack, he works hurriedly. When he looks down, he sees that his shoe seems to have fallen off near the pile of shoes he had just dumped out. The viewer instantly gets the joke, and we don't really need to see how he tries to find his shoe in the pile of all the shoes.

In the span of 15 minutes, my wife and I laughed frequently. And were always smiling.

What are some favorite laff-inducing movies and scenes? Just movies is fine. It is difficult to explain scenes via text.
Too many to list. I’ll start with Anchorman, and Step Brothers.

wacolo

Tele-Afflicted
Ruthless People - Very silly and very 1980s.

Pretty much any Zucker/Abrahams.

The Money Pit - I saw it about 100 times as a kid since my mother loved it. Not his best work but some great gags. Alexander Godunov really steals this one. And having bought a fixer upper it hits really close to home sometimes. (no pun intended)

Ash Telecaster

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
The first movie that came to mind, like a rorschach test, was a The Coneheads. I love the second city ulumni movies: Blues Brothers, Harry Crumb, Animal House, Austin Powers, Caddy Shack, etc....

Deeve

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter

Excellent sight gags abound - same w/ the pre-Hayes-code films of W.C. Fields