MotorWeek

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Recce, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Recce

Recce Friend of Leo's

I like to watch MotorWeek. One of my favorite segments is Goss’s Garage. This isn’t because I think he gives great information but because I think he over complicates simple things. One was changing oil. He explained how you had to be very careful in the funnel you used because some cars had a piece past the oil filler cap you could hit if your funnel was to long or not fit the hole if the funnel was to wide at the bottom. Well okay, I have been changing oil for 45 years and this has never been a problem. At least he didn’t say if you cannot find the oil fill cap it can say oil and if you are looking at it upside down it would then say 710.

He also has discussed tires. Did you know different vehicles have different tires because they have different uses? Yes, I knew that also. Overall it is a humorous overly complicated segment that could be done in a better way.

uriah1 and Shuster like this.
  2. Shuster

Shuster Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

You know how to find dead center of the bottom of your car,, drop a wrench;)

Recce and ReverendRevolver like this.
  3. ReverendRevolver

ReverendRevolver Tele-Holic

Cant say I've ever had funnel issues or not understood tire sizes.

I have stripped a lug nut on my wifes van that was seized and made partially of aluminum.... then accumulated an arsenal of extractor sockets and "gator sockets" removing it, with the dramatic conclusion being my 125lbs, 5'4" self popping the extractor socket on, using a brand new 1/4" drive 18" Duralast Breaker bar in it, pulling upwards counterclockwise and snapping the bar at the shaft.
    (That's not even how I USE a breaker bar, I was testing the dang Extractor sockets grip before trying to stand on it....)

I feel like I'd make good TV..........

Recce likes this.
  4. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

The host/creator/producer is John Davis.

The way he speaks infiltrates/influences everyone else on the show.

Just like 60 minutes, CBS Sunday , and many other shows where there is basically one way of delivery that everyone apes/adopts.

Davis himself has an uptick that I find maddening and hilarious at the same time ...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.