Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Dog Bite, Nov 7, 2018.

1. guitrr

guitrr Tele-Meister

Del McCrory's bluegrass band does a great version of that song, too.

Dog Bite likes this.
  2. John Backlund

John Backlund Friend of Leo's

2017 V7III Special.

Shuster and John E like this.
  3. John Backlund

Mine turned over 9000 miles while on my way to Deadwood today, it's been dead reliable, not one problem so far. I'm very pleased with it, and would ride it anywhere. I had zero experience with a Moto-Guzzi motorcycle before buying this one.

Tony474 likes this.
  4. Tony474

Tony474 Poster Extraordinaire

I've always fancied a Moto Guzzi, though I've never owned one. I like the simplicity of the air-cooled transverse OHV V-twin, the shaft drive and the sound. Way back in '79 I tried a used 850 T3 on for size at my dealer's, but wound up with a one-owner Honda CX500 instead, which to this day remains one of the best bikes I ever had.

If I am finally going to buy a Guzzi, it had better be fairly soon, as I'm starting to run out of years...

5. Itchyfeet1000

Itchyfeet1000 Tele-Meister

I'm a serial Italian bike owner (predominantly Aprilia) with a couple of Triumph triples thrown into the mix. I'll have to search for pics.

6. Airguitar

Airguitar Tele-Meister

I live on a different continent than my bike :(
    The bike is in South Africa (Where I'm from) and I work in Luxembourg (Tiny country in Europe).
    My two great loves in life are Playing Guitar and Biking. Sadly I only get to play in Europe.
    I travel home to SA 2 or 3 times a year to go ride..
    [​IMG]
    Look carefully. How many Giraffes can you see?

Tony474 likes this.
  7. Tony474

I can see three, though I may have missed some...

I do like Luxembourg. Stayed there a couple of times and passed through on many others. Always buy cigarettes and fill up at Windhof (Wandhaff) before driving back into Belgium.

8. Itchyfeet1000

Itchyfeet1000 Tele-Meister

The few pics I was able to find.

My Aprilia RST1000 Futura. This pic was taken as I was about to leave the UK for a tip to the MotoGP at Catalunya in 2012. Had to sell the bike last year to help pay for student life.

neil france 12.jpg

I went to the dark side for a while. This little Ducati 749 was a gem. Noisy, cramped, impractical and sublime to ride. The stability at high lean angles was simply insane.

Mmm sophia .jpg

My first Aprilia RSV. A simply brilliant bike. I'd have another of these in an instant.

Neil on melissa.jpg

My secon Aprilia RSV. This was a bit of a mess when I bought it. I repainted it and it was stolen a few weeks later.
    FB_IMG_1437307164674.jpg

My other favourite bikes are Triumph Triples. This Daytona was a gem of a bike but I found it too uncomfortable for long distance use.
    red daytona.jpg

And finally, the bike I miss the most and probably one of the greatest bikes ever built. The Aprilia SL1000 Falco. I would have another of these in a heartbeat if funds permitted.
    image00000432.jpeg

tery, Dog Bite, guitrr and 5 others like this.
  9. Dog Bite

Dog Bite TDPRI Member

Wow! great thread, all great looking bikes. Thanks to all for taking the time to post your photos. I'll conclude with this photo of my Triumph 650. I bought it from a young guy who was beatin the crap out of it after inheriting it from his father, it was pretty tore up and laying on it's side next to the barn. I restored it and wish I had not later sold it. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 120.jpg

Tony474, tery, sean79 and 2 others like this.
  10. Dog Bite

Dog Bite TDPRI Member

11. Lost_N_Austin

Lost_N_Austin Friend of Leo's

IMG_4649.JPG IMG_4651.JPG I know this "Bike" is not everyone's idea of a cool Bike but if you were in Austin, Texas cursing around the county fairgrounds during the Lone Star Roundup Car Show that is held each spring, you would garner a lot of attention.

I shot these pictures at a local Pawn Shop this weekend and I'm trying to figure out how I can justify buying and carefully refurbishing this ride to its former "Glory". Check out the detail and the totally illegal starter rope handle.

Attached Files:

Dog Bite and awasson like this.
  12. Tony474

After fifteen years of ownership, in the last four weeks I've finally parted with that lovely Yamaha Bulldog. I did check out the Guzzi V7 III Special, which I liked, but the dealers are a long way from my home. Instead, and for a lot less money, I've bought a Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 (INT650 in the USA) in the so-called "Glitter and Dust" finish. Silly name, but the chrome tank with black and gold highlights looks magnificent (and takes a bit of polishing to keep it that way). The bike has been universally praised for its value, build quality and dynamic properties, and though I'm still running (breaking) it in, it certainly lives up to the rave reviews it's received. I'm delighted with it.

Meanwhile I still also have my 1978 Honda CJ360T, which, being over 40 years old, has now been registered as a Historic Vehicle. In the UK this means that it's no longer subject to annual Vehicle Excise Duty ("Road Tax") or compulsory annual inspection, though that's a good idea even if not obligatory. Also the status means that it's exempt from the London ULEZ (Ultra-Low Emission Zone) charge for vehicles not complying with recent Euro standards. I don't often ride into central London, but it's still nice to know.

Attached Files:

John Backlund likes this.
  13. JeffBlue

JeffBlue Tele-Afflicted

My 2019 Harley Davidson Softail Deluxe. Bought it last April and and I have already had taken it in for the 5000 mile service. I love the Milwaukee 8 engine and riding this bike is a blast.
    IMG_2160.JPG IMG_2163.JPG

14. John Backlund

Since my last post, I had bought a 2013 Suzuki Burgman scooter (our fourth),
    IMG_20190607_144704403_HDR~2.jpg

had it a couple months, then traded it in on a pristine 2015 XL1200C Sportster...
    IMG_20190802_082611111.jpg

Then, Trixie decided she wanted luxurious pillion accommodations for when we two-upped, so traded in her 2015 BMW R1200R on this 2018 Honda GL1800, which I have to drive for her, as it's just too large for her to safely handle...
    IMG_20190805_091736856_HDR.jpg

I still have my V7III Guzzi, and Triumph Thruxton R.

Trixie still has her 2019 Kawasaki Z650, but has decided to sell it, as she hardly ever rides it, and she can ride my bikes whenever she wants to.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  15. tweedman2001

tweedman2001 Tele-Afflicted

Was North of There, Now Way Way South of There

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.