Most underrated sideman

pypa

Tele-Holic
he is most definitely not a sideman in his own band.

I stand corrected; I did not realize he started the band. I thought it was the 2 of them. Anyway, he's vindicated. As long as he gets his due, I'm happy. Sorry if I had him misunderstood these years. I love him either way!!!

Old Plank

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Coincidentally I just finished reading a Rolling Stone article/interview with the great drummer Karl Himmel, who's played with everyone from George Jones, JJ Cale, Dylan to the Doobies, Dr. John, Leon Russell, Neil Young etc. Excellent music history read if you can find it!

Jensen

Tele-Meister
No way Malcolm Young was a sideman. He wrote the grooves. Without him, there’s nothing for Angus to strut to.

For the last 10 years every time Malcolm's name has been mentioned in all the places I read it has been pointed out how important and talented he was. Angus points it out all the time as well.

I don't disagree that he was extremely talented and important. However, since this is pointed out all the time I am not too certain I think his talents are not understood or mentioned. I would not call him underrated. I think his talents are understood and appreciated.

northernguitar

Poster Extraordinaire
For the last 10 years every time Malcolm's name has been mentioned in all the places I read it has been pointed out how important and talented he was. Angus points it out all the time as well.

I don't disagree that he was extremely talented and important. However, since this is pointed out all the time I am not too certain I think his talents are not understood or mentioned. I would not call him underrated. I think his talents are understood and appreciated.
He’s not a sideman!