Most tendetious food ad ever ?

MojoTrwall

Tele-Holic

When I can't sleep at night, (Like right now) I think about music, and I was thinking about this one, which is a child remembrance about milk product ad (Milk lobby is important here, because well we're the cheese country), and marketing departement in the 90's were white as the milk (Not for their cheese enjoyment tho).

The campain was titled "Des sensations pures" which is no false friend here, no need to translate.

Glad there's no chicken milk (The joke wouldn't work in french tho).

And there's not only one.

Obviously the Portishead/Levi's influence here, but damn that's tendetious, I still wonder how it last on air.

Who can compete to a significant level huh ?

naneek

Tele-Holic
the juxtaposition between the smoldering glances and the grotesque display of rapidly consuming too much dairy is alarming to say the least.

I hope they threw away those brie encrusted scuba rebreathers when they finished that shoot hahaha.

MojoTrwall

Tele-Holic
ten·den·tious
/tenˈdenSHəs/

adjective
  1. expressing or intending to promote a particular cause or point of view, especially a controversial one.
    "a tendentious reading of history"
?

Princeton's WordNet
tendentious, tendenciousadjective

having or marked by a strong tendency especially a controversial one.

All ads are tedious.....

That's why I ask the most.

Fiesta Red

Poster Extraordinaire

When I can't sleep at night, (Like right now) I think about music, and I was thinking about this one, which is a child remembrance about milk product ad (Milk lobby is important here, because well we're the cheese country), and marketing departement in the 90's were white as the milk (Not for their cheese enjoyment tho).

The campain was titled "Des sensations pures" which is no false friend here, no need to translate.

Glad there's no chicken milk (The joke wouldn't work in french tho).

And there's not only one.

Obviously the Portishead/Levi's influence here, but damn that's tendetious, I still wonder how it last on air.

Who can compete to a significant level huh ?

I would deal with all the bloating chronic flatulence if my wife would respond like that when I drank milk…

MojoTrwall

Tele-Holic
By the way I'm kinda surprised about the body exposition in the Burgers ads.

Is the bra the ultimate limit of what can or can't be shown on screen ?

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I like this one from Italy. Not really a food ad but…

Gorgeous girl. Ugly little car. :p

I've been in advertising for 30 years. There used to be an adage in my industry that you could sell ANYTHING with pretty girls, dogs, or babies. Nowadays "pretty girls" are out, so we're seeing all these ludicrous ads with dogs. Then someday soon it'll be just babies. :rolleyes:

Digital Larry

Friend of Leo's
When I was in high school I spent a couple weeks in France on a mini-exchange. Sitting around the house watching TV one evening with the host family, a woman bursts out of the surface of a mountain lake in glorious NAKED slow motion... got my attention... advertising... Evian water!

"Dang" was my thought. Then and now.

MojoTrwall

Tele-Holic
When I was in high school I spent a couple weeks in France on a mini-exchange. Sitting around the house watching TV one evening with the host family, a woman bursts out of the surface of a mountain lake in glorious NAKED slow motion... got my attention... advertising... Evian water!

"Dang" was my thought. Then and now.

Well I'm actually surprised by the amount of skin you see in the burger ads.

I know that in the USA nudity on screen is quite the taboo (while it's not here as you point it), seeing such lascivious posture in an american ad kinda surprise me to be honest.