Most surreal thing you ve seen at a gig.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by johnny k, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Guitardvark

Guitardvark Tele-Holic

saw the fabulous thunderbirds and zz top open for the Rolling stones in the houston astrodome. bout the time the stones came on with mick in his pink tights ,the guy in front of me got stabbed in the heart with a pen knife and bled to death right there. never seen anyone die before. i saw the guy chokin up blood and gaggin on the foam...still see it in my head on occasion, the site has never gone away. I left soon after that, very soon. think about it sometimes just like I am now.

2. Harry Styron

Harry Styron Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

It was a reading gig, with the band backing a singer without a rehearsal. I frequently lost my place. The woman was lovely from every angle.

guitartwonk likes this.
  3. TelecasterSam

TelecasterSam Tele-Afflicted

Had several fights break out in the 70's and 80's gigs, but one I really remember is when a bunch of dancers trying to get out of the way jumped on stage and pressed me and my Telecaster against the wall behind me. It got kinda hairy. Another fight in front of the stage had one guy on top of another fighting it out. We were told to always keep on playing...

4. PCollen

PCollen Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

At a Jeff Beck concert at the Dallas Starplex in 1999, I witnessed a guy drinking copious amounts of beer get drunk during the opening act, and then passed out in his chair and missed the entire Beck performance. They had a hard time getting him on his feet and out at the concert end.

esseff likes this.
  5. tweeet

tweeet Tele-Afflicted

Seen him many times....but the first time was in my local club in Wales in '78...I was 16...with Wild Willy Barrett....he'd just been on Top of the Pops singing his hit 'really free' the week before....sand a song called 'headbutt'....and cut his head open with the mic...carried on for the rest of the gig with claret everywhere !

esseff likes this.
  6. tweeet

tweeet Tele-Afflicted

Played solo at a wedding...outdoors middle of summer...started chatting to a girl in my break and the conversation led to her talking about her 'new' breasts....and then showed me them and asked if I could tell they were inplants ...by look AND feel....needless to say I had a nightcap with her later :)

guitartwonk likes this.
  7. gimmeatele

gimmeatele Tele-Holic

That would be the same tour I saw him on, Retford porterhouse. Saw him about four years ago too, mad as ever

tweeet and guitartwonk like this.
  8. johnny k

johnny k Friend of Leo's

I played in a gig in a wheelchair, in a bald on top and long white hair on the side wig, because of a broken ankle. During the last song, a friend of the band thought it might be a good idea to wheel me across the stage, as fast as he could, spinning the wheelchair and everything.

I was thinking to myself, weeeeee, that is some quality entertainment, until the cable got stuck in the wheel, and the jack plate got torn of. The electric wires were still attached, but the plate was loose. I tried to plug the cable in, managed to get some kind of sound out of the guitar, but it was cutting. Luckily it was the last song.

9. ElJay370

ElJay370 Tele-Afflicted

Mudhoney - Hollywood, CA 1992

Overall it was a pretty wild show, but near the end of their set someone tossed one of those big Rubbermaid garbage cans onto the stage. Mark Arm picked it up by the handle and proceeded to play slide with it while trash flew out all over the place.

*Sigh*...rock and roll used to be fun and dangerous.

Wildcard_35 likes this.
  10. esseff

esseff Tele-Afflicted

He's definitely eccentric but he's a national treasure as well. I don't know if Wild Willy Barrett would agree though.

tweeet likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.