1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Most Positively Surprising Cheap Pedal

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by merco19, Jun 19, 2020.

1. telel6s

telel6s Tele-Afflicted

I know I've mentioned the $19 Dano Fab Chorus on these "cheap pedal" threads in the past. I'm not a chorus-holic so this does everything I need for electric and acoustic.

But today I'm going to throw out the Behringer ADI21 acoustic preamp/DI. I got mine used for $20 at GC on a whim (but they are still just $33 new). It has a simulated tube preamp can be blended in to mellow out piezo quack. And while it doesn't have a dedicated feedback or notch filter, the sweepable mids work well for both tone shaping and feedback suppression. I've used with acoustic guitars, uke, and a mando with a cheap stick-on piezo.

[​IMG]

2. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Behringer , Heavy Metal HM300, Graphic Equalizer EQ700,Bass Overdrive BOD400 Bass Overdrive BOD400

JOYO, Uzi, distortion,

WAVES PLUGINS WORK REALLY WELL STABLE BOTH SPECIFIC IN FUNCTION AND
    VERSATILE

merco19 likes this.
  3. merco19

merco19 TDPRI Member

I concur. You can make any "piezo-ey" sounding guitar sound like a million bucks with this thing. I've used it on live shows, and people tend to compliment the sound aftewards, thinking it's the guitar. (A cort earth mini, when I'm travelling).

4. johnniegoat

johnniegoat Tele-Meister

Joyo - Vintage and Ultimate drives. both great straight out of the box once i read up on the mistake/ mod on the UD, i fitted a red LED and its monstrous now

donner trem - very good; in fact a lot of Donner/ Mooer are excellent. the Blues Crab is a relatively cheap way of getting the marshall bluesbreaker pedal

Tone City - all really good. the Angel Wing chorus is excellent. @NiceTele - if you want a more robust pedal, the TC Sweet Cream is great if you can get your hands on it

Boss SD1 - really, really good

neilybob100 and leonard d rock like this.
  5. j5jarod777

j5jarod777 Tele-Meister

Off the shelf RAT

emisilly and 50ShadesofOrange like this.
  6. Gevalt

Gevalt Tele-Meister

[​IMG]
    M-Audio Crunch Box clone with 4 knobs, all very useful and variable. High gain or overdrive, depending on settings. I run mine at 18v with improved "fidelity" and no issues.

Mooer Tremolo that sounded smoother and more analog to me than the others on 3 blurry youtube comparison vids, and it really impressed me at home. Only way I could replace it is if maybe a fender-style "surfytrem", if I will even like it, could interest me.

[​IMG]

kevsonic likes this.
  7. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Friend of Leo's

I'd give $20 to see the owner record and youtube Smoke On The Water on this priceless guitar - and played on a single string. With one finger.

8. DFB1

DFB1 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Caline Pure Sky.
    61wGPHoUxLL._AC_SX425_.jpg

kevsonic, himay, emisilly and 3 others like this.
  9. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Friend of Leo's

These are the best sub $30 pedals out there for piezo acoustic instrument pre-amps. I've got much pricier ones, but I keep this for emergencies. It worked with everything I thru at it, including upright bass. Yes the sweepable mid is really good. And, you can sweep the gain on the switchable tube emulation so that it functions like a mute - very useful.

10. That Cal Webway

That Cal Webway Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

The Behringer compressor is pretty good

had a few months and now I have it on Craigslist, I'm just not really a petal guy

11. Engine Swap

Engine Swap Tele-Afflicted

Got one new for $28. Use it for DI recording.

GFrank and RoscoeElegante like this.
  12. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Friend of Leo's

Joyo American Sound and Boss OD-3

GFrank likes this.
  13. SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Behringer CS400 Compressor Sustainer. I bought a used one for $15, and liked it so much I ordered another one online, for just $30 shipped.

The seller of the used one said they're based on a similar Boss compressor; in any case, it works well.

14. dlew919

dlew919 Doctor of Teleocity

I just bought one last week. Haven’t tried it yet the reviews are a bit mixed but it seems the negative ones aren’t using the pedal properly

And I have an acoustic, a uke and mandolin which I put a stick on piezo on. So thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. dlew919

The king of distortion. Accept no substitute.

16. dlew919

Brilliant peda. Lush and sturdy. +1

17. Linkslover

Linkslover Tele-Meister

Did exhaustive research when I was doing my cheap mini pedal board project a couple of years ago and found one superlative delay pedal for around $30.

The Donner Wave Analog delay sounds as good as my Carbon Copy. At about 1" x 2" it also takes up almost no real estate.

SecretSquirrel likes this.
  18. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Poster Extraordinaire

Joyo d-Seed delay. I've owned other better delays (EHX Canyon, Keeley Caverns v2), brand-wise, but they're all gone and the Joyo is still here. I paid a hundred bucks or less for it years ago, can't remember the exact price, but for 4 different delay modes (Analog, Copy (Digital), Modulation and Reverse) and the ability to save 2 presets and toggle a 3rd selection manually...it's amazing. It has tap tempo too, but I've never been able to figure out how to use it without getting it stuck on a weird setting. That's the one downside...the instruction manual that wasn't. Basically useless. But I've used this thing to simulate light reverb, to cop a Sun-style slapback, to do glorious worship stuff (modulation) and to get trippy and weird (reverse). It's a keeper. One of these days I'll get another one...either this model or the new one they came out with last year. Fantastic!

19. leonard d rock

leonard d rock Tele-Afflicted

Joyo Ultimate Drive- on my rehearsal space mini board to as an OCD. thumbs up to that "mistake mod"

Caline Pure Sky- on the home mini board as EHX Crayon substitute. im even thinking of buying a backup in case it dies

Caline midlander-TS sound alike

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.