1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Most Exotic Place You've Visited.....Photos Please!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Stanford Guitar, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Dismalhead

Dismalhead Poster Extraordinaire

Lost all my photos in my divorce, but my favorite places I've been are Venice, Istanbul, Santorini, and Costa Rica.

tery likes this.
  2. SacDAve

SacDAve Poster Extraordinaire

Most exotic place I’ve been would be Big Bob’s adult toy & Book Store :rolleyes: Sorry no pics don’t want to get banned.

Rocky058, PeteWaller and Dismalhead like this.
  3. t-ray

t-ray Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

I used to travel to all sorts of interesting places on business: London, Paris, Rome, Florence, Malta, Fiji, Frankfurt, Kyoto, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Basel, Toronto, Lima and Barcelona, not to mention US locations including San Francisco (and side trips to Napa Valley), Seattle, Orlando (with which I can do without!), Los Angeles, New York and Chicago. i am probably forgetting some as I write this. Unfortunately, most of this occurred while my children were growing up, so I usually minimized my time away and did not see as much as I could have. But that is OK. My wife accompanied me a couple of times - Paris and Rome - which was very nice. And the tow of us also had taken a couple of trips to Germany to site see and to visit with her many relatives there.

dazzaman and tery like this.
  4. Guitardvark

Guitardvark Tele-Afflicted Platinum Supporter

Its mysterious forbidden and no signs of intelligent life. sounds exotic to me :)
    spaceport (2).jpg

Stanford Guitar and tery like this.
  5. HotRodSteve

HotRodSteve Poster Extraordinaire

Mahopac NY.

[​IMG]

6. BuckNekkid

BuckNekkid Tele-Meister

Prior to COVID, I was an inveterate traveler. My dad was a diplomat, so before I was in high school I had lived in Europe and Asia as well as the US. Traveling got into my blood, and every year I've tried to travel someplace new. I made such an effort in 2020, but wound up being in quarantine the entire time. :cry:

The list of "exotic" places I've visited is extensive. At one time, I had photo albums of my journeys on Flickr, but then they got pricey, so I pulled them all. I have sold some of my photos, so I'm not a rank amateur.

Here's a photo -- unretouched -- of the Lower Antelope Canyon, in Page Arizona.

[​IMG]

And a place I never get tired of visiting: Iceland.

[​IMG]

7. EugeneWeemich

EugeneWeemich TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

went sailing in the BVI just prior to covid impact. just 2 of us on a 35ft yacht for a week. ready to go back! 20200210_073436.jpg 20200211_181103.jpg

8. EugeneWeemich

EugeneWeemich TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

been! in '87. Connie did airops at anchor, there.

stormsedge likes this.
  9. Stefanovich

Stefanovich Tele-Holic

What counts as exotic is different for everyone. I would count as most exotic my trip along the North Canol Rd. in the Northwest Territories because it is the place I have been to that has the least people. However, it is also in my home country so that makes it less exotic. I am putting in this photo of mine from Agra, India because it happens to be on my computer and India counts as exotic in my book. I have been there twice and both times put on weight. I might have a fondness for Indian food...

DSC_0005_edited.JPG

Dave Hicks, Digital Larry and JL_LI like this.
  10. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

Marrakesh.. thanks to cs&n for putting that name in my head as a kid.......:rolleyes::D

Marrakech market.jpg

me in the floral shirt and board shorts..:cool:

Marrakech1.jpg

buying djellabas and a few blankets..

Marrakech medina1.jpg

surf check Immousoaine..

Immousoaine.jpg

11. stormsedge

stormsedge Friend of Leo's

That was about the time period SCOTT was there. I do not remember which carrier we were with.

12. PeteWaller

PeteWaller Tele-Meister

I forgot Kathmandu and Nepal and this little video paragliding in the Himalaya!
    ZQ

13. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

To borrow a turn of phrase from Forrest Gump, Exotic is as other places does. Or, if I'm talkin' Texan, Exotic is where you ain't.

I lived in Puerto Rico when I was a boy. As a teen I visited Italy. Then later in life I lived in Papua New Guinea. But as a gradeschool boy I wasn't taking my own pics of Puerto Rico. And I'm a lousy photographer anyway, so believe it or not I didn't even have a camera while in Italy. In PNG, my wife was the photographer. I could probably dig up some scanned images of pics from there that she took, but I don't think I have them on the hard drive of my laptop.

Besides, it's a mistake to not include Texas...

[​IMG]

14. Martinp

Martinp Tele-Afflicted

Olongapo City?

[​IMG]

rcole_sooner likes this.
  15. Jerry_Mountains

Jerry_Mountains Tele-Holic

Wow! that would make a great album cover

Stanford Guitar likes this.
  16. Stanford Guitar

Stanford Guitar Tele-Afflicted

That was taken looking through the slot of the door that leads down to the exercise yard. You can see how old the glass is. This was just before sunset.

Jerry_Mountains likes this.
  17. slauson slim

slauson slim Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

Tie between Morecambe and Wallasey....

East Berlin, 1975.

18. Fuelish

Fuelish Tele-Holic

foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, east TN
    Most "exotic" place I've visited that I have a few pics available of was my '89 trip whitewater rafting down the lower half of the Grand Canyon .....not to mention, I met a cool young lady on the trip that ended up becoming my lady love and then my Mrs......we'll be married 30 years March 1st of this year......and no, this pic is not her, it was the leader of the expedition, legendary, and I mean LEGENDARY river guide Drifter Smith :cool: looking at the setup, am guessing we were done on the river for the day, camp set up on the banks, and he was ready to be fixin' grub. Vacation of a lifetime..... although visiting Maqyan ruins in Mexico was cool, but, not 8 days/7 nights on the Colorado through the Grand Canyon cool ....it's a humbling place. RIP, Drifter ... you are a Grand Canyon river guide legend, my man .... Jimbo, another guide, would sit on oe of the rafts at sundown and entertain us with his fiddle playin' .....truly amazing they could pack enough food on dry ice for 5 rafts of people for a week.....and breakfast/dinner were GREAT....lunch was basic, but, hey, we'd pull over to a beach around lunchtime and have something quick - sandwiches, etc....food was great, scenery was truly humbling [​IMG]

rcole_sooner and Stanford Guitar like this.
  19. PoorNoodle

PoorNoodle Tele-Meister

Stockholm, Sweden...not much travel these last 12 months...
    8E2BCA63-5465-48CD-A284-0457D7C775E3.jpeg

rcole_sooner likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.