1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

most efficient and bullet proof 8" speaker?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by DjimiWrey, Nov 26, 2020.

1. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's

Measure the speaker, if needed, but an SCX2 has a 10" speaker from the factory.

PhredE likes this.
  2. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's

I've had a Weber Signature 10 AS alnico ribbed cone speaker in my SCX2 for a few years. It complements both channels very well and adds its own smooth, fatness when cranked. Low efficiency, so you can crank it at home. It's 15 Watts, but CJ at Weber said it's got a 25 Watt voice coil as safety factor. If you're not feeding it square wave signal all day and night, then it's fine. I haven't been tempted to change it out for something else.

3. Hoodster

Hoodster Friend of Leo's

Can't go wrong with a 1058, 1028, or copperhead.

PhredE likes this.
  4. John_B

John_B Tele-Meister

DR, I went for a mid range tone and the only Eminence I could use was a 100 watt speaker. I now prefer my speaker handling way more power than the amp puts out. If I wanted breakup & distortion, well I might stay with a speaker that is close to the amps output.

This Champ 20 amp cranked up hard blew a Jensen mod 20 watt speaker in two days.

Dad gum I like Eminence speakers.

PhredE likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.