Most comedians aren't funny.

Lou Tencodpees

Tele-Holic
Laughing to tears is one of my favorite things to do. Endorphins. Fortunately I get my share in banter with my wife and family members. There was a summer that my brother and I engaged in some laughter that stuck for weeks, we couldn't look at each other without cracking up. On a recent trip to visit family my brother in law and I engaged in a conversation (at a restaurant) about the two bidets in my house. It took him a week to try one out, being initially repulsed by the idea. By the time he got home he ordered one. In the discussion at the restaurant we joked back and forth and things got hysterical when I accused him of being "bidet curious". We went back and forth and the table was in tears. Very likely the table next to us thought we were stupid. For my money the best comedy is the kind shared among friends.

aging_rocker

Friend of Leo's
The two funniest stand ups I've ever seen were Billy Connolly and Dave Allen. Billy was high end jazz - mostly improvised, risky, and flowed - there was a patch in the middle where he let us breathe a little and 'slowed down'... Dave Allen was classical music - everything prepared, written, polished, and perfected...
Dave Allen was a genius.

ElJay370

Tele-Afflicted
I dunno….These people make me laugh

Bert Kreischer
Ali Wong
Maria Bamford
Mitch Hedberg
John Mulaney
Jo Koy
Jim Jefferies
Sebastian Maniscalco
Whitney Cummings

HaWE

Tele-Holic
I did it! I made germans laugh! Last night at band practice we took a break out in the back yard and it was getting kind of noisy in the bushes. I wanted to know what was going on, so I got my flashlight and lit up the small animals who were gathered under the bird feeder. My buddy asked what it was and I said “looks like the Igels are getting back together”.
Makes me spontaneous think of Steve Miller `s "Fly like an Igel" :)

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
In related news, most musicians are not particularly musical.
The one thing that musicians and comedians share is their being totally unaware of not being musical, or funny. This is doubly true of musicians who think they are comedians.

bigbreak

Tele-Holic
This guy. You don't have to do standup to be a comic genius.
images.jpg

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Made my point, thanks.
Apparently my comment that American comedians are not funny was offensive.
Not likely the "woke generation" but those older folks sensitive to criticism.
you read a lot into a gif bro.

One thing that IS funny is how people will be brash, if anyone makes fun of it, they do the whole 'I hope I didn't offend' ha ha... looking in a mirror amigo!

Rod Hull IS hilarious.