Most Awkward / Best Compliment You've Ever Received ?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by RoCkstAr256, Aug 15, 2019.

1. nvilletele

nvilletele Friend of Leo's

How big is your nose?

2. nvilletele

nvilletele Friend of Leo's

Yeah, I took it as such. (And most are actually pretty nice over there.)

telemnemonics likes this.
  3. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I somehow set Captain Beeflat to hating me and it made my tenure there pretty unpleasant after he took me on as a blight to be reckoned with.
    Interestingly it was regarding American cars and trucks and their inferior engine designs compared to his preferred Euro designs.

Most there were quite nice though, despite less stringent mods.

I'm pretty sure you are not him...

And the amount of debate they get into about which thumb hook produces the best tone?
    Makes our gear discussions seem perfectly reasonable.

Do you have a collection of different interchangeable thumb hooks?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  4. sudogeek

sudogeek TDPRI Member

I was surfing at Herman’s a few weeks ago. A nice sunny day, 3-4 foot clean waves, lined up, a bit closey but you could get a few nice rides if you shoulder-hopped the big ones. After about 2 hours, I came in because the tide was getting on it and the SE wind was beginning to pick up. As I walked up the stairs, there were two young women watching. Late high school or perhaps college girls, as it was a weekday, dressed like surfers - shorts, appropriately logo'd T-shirts, etc.

"Hey, you were getting some really nice rides out there." She smiled, and her friend did too.

I paused for a bit, turned and looked back to be sure they weren't addressing some friend of theirs who was following me up the stairs. I looked again at the girls - tanned, young, attractive. I laughed and said, "You know, I started surfing because I wanted to impress girls - and it's only taken me about 58 years to finally do it. Thanks for the compliment."

I haven't gone surfing since - blame it on the lack of waves, sub-optimal conditions, a recent minor surgery which kept me out of the water, whatever. Or, maybe, I don't want to go and do my usual kook performance. I've hit my peak. Perhaps it's time to quit while I'm ahead.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    Brian Krashpad and El Tele Lobo like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.