Most annoying commercial

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by tah1962, Mar 26, 2020 at 12:02 PM.

1. Danb541

Danb541 Tele-Meister

I can't stand the Sarah McLachlan ASPCA commercials. I change the channel every time it comes on. Sad dog faces ruin my day.
    I'm not adding a link because it's too disturbing if you're a dog lover.

2. CCK1

CCK1 Tele-Meister

Every. Single. One.

Hey_you, tah1962 and puddin like this.
  3. Nubs

Nubs Friend of Leo's

I think Geico takes the cake for "Most Dooshy Commercials" ever. Think about some of them...Peter Pan at a reunion being all dooshy to his fellow classmates because he's still young and they aren't anymore...the damn lizard welcoming people to the neighborhood and getting into a tussle about his "mom's secret recipe". Come on!

The most recent one which REALLY gets me is the Liberty commercial where he's speeding alongside another car selling insurance via window. So lemme get this straight...the dude and his bird have nothing else better to do than to risk the lives of potential customers by engaging in several unsafe driving habits to sell insurance for safe driving.

Got it.

Yeah this one:

4. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

They say commercials work and influence you, sometimes unconsciously, or otherwise they wouldn't make them like that.

What is missing for me is some way to actively show my dislike for an annoying commercial. Just grousing and vowing not to buy the product isn't enough. I want to show how I feel to the company, throw rotten eggs at them, so to speak.

tah1962 likes this.
  5. puddin

puddin Tele-Holic

tah1962 likes this.
  6. tah1962

tah1962 Tele-Afflicted

Good grief. I couldn’t make it to the 20 second mark of that one. :eek:

puddin likes this.
  7. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

This guy is BEGGING to get shot in about every state in the union. In L.A. he wouldn't last fifteen seconds! If an MS 13 gang member didn't plug him, a Schneider driver would run him over for sure.

tah1962 and jrblue like this.
  8. Toto'sDad

Some really annoying commercials have been posted but THIS IS THE COUP DE GRACE of annoying commercials. Especially when they run it back to back, to back, to back, to back!

tah1962 likes this.
  9. muchxs

muchxs Doctor of Teleocity

Ex- advertising professional here.

Pretty much sums it up when high powered advertising execs were Hoovering lines during a break from a PDFA session.

I thought it couldn't get any stoopider until LiMu Emu showed up.

The good part is the stupid bird would probably eat the stupid lizard.

I gotta come up with an insurance T-Rex, something that will eat Flo and Jake from State Farm in one bite each.

:D :D :D

tah1962, P Thought and Toto'sDad like this.
  10. e23589

e23589 Tele-Meister

tah1962 likes this.
  11. puddin

puddin Tele-Holic

Please...let someone else do your commercials.:lol::lol:

mike-desktop.png

12. Toto'sDad

Then in a follow up commercial you could show Jake emerging from the dead T-Rex's rear end after he had killed him from within, he would have Flo slung over his shoulder while he played flamenco guitar and did a flamenco dance simultaneously.

tah1962 likes this.
  13. Toto'sDad

My wife wouldn't take one of this guys pillows from him if he paid her. THAT'S how effective his commercial has been with her.

tah1962 likes this.
  14. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

William Devane - Rosland Capital.

And Quigley Down Under selling Reverse Mortgages.

tah1962 and P Thought like this.
  15. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

My favorite one is the senile Tom Selleck trying to relieve himself out the window of the high rise building, only the glass is plate glass and there's no where for the by-product to go.

Later he tries to reassure us he's not a shill and that he wouldn't represent Reverse Mortgages to be good if they weren't good.

He's able to beat out those bums J G Wentworth - that's really saying something. At least Car Insurance is a sort of wholesome thing that actually could come to your rescue (and besides, most state laws mandate it).

tah1962, puddin and Toto'sDad like this.
  16. jrblue

jrblue Tele-Afflicted

Yeah -- the insurance companies as a group are unbelievably annoying. I think they've decided that getting you agitated may be an insurance-buying state of mind. Otherwise, it's inexplicable. I hate the Liberty ones most because they're the stupidest. The cruise ship ones (now gone, for good reason) bugged me big time, too, but that's because I found them super-depressing. Since you brought this up, it's strange to see how poorly-done commercials are in general. Maybe the age of commercial TV is ending.

tah1962 likes this.
  17. Toto'sDad

Have you ever actually seen one of these pillows? I did at a Bed Bath and Beyond. They feel exactly like what they are. A pillow case filled with remnants of discarded irregular shaped industrial foam rubber. I'd say that selecting a stone from your garden and lugging it into the house and putting it at the head of your bed would be at least as good of a pillow, if not better.

tah1962 likes this.
  18. muchxs

muchxs Doctor of Teleocity

That was shot in Liberty Park, Jersey City New Jersey. I used to ride my mountain bike over there almost every weekend when I worked in NYC. Literally over that exact spot.

Coll thing is they have the Interpretive Center right next door. I used to toss my bike over the fence and keep on truckin'. They have indigenous rabbits and pheasants over there.

It's a tick farm, though.

e23589 and tah1962 like this.
  19. Ronzo

Ronzo TDPRI Member

That said, the “Limu Emu (and Doug)” commercial where they give them the key to the city - where the wives are in the audience, and the female Emu is wearing a blonde bouffant wig and “butterface” sunglasses - never gets old for me! :)

tah1962 and Toto'sDad like this.
  20. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I want to know why they're filming the little guys, instead of feeding them, doctoring them, giving them a bath and hugging them?

What kind of sick-o takes pictures of an animal while it suffers, instead of helping that animal?

Rclax, tah1962, Danb541 and 2 others like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.